Rapid Green Light

maxwelltub

I have read a few accounts of this happening to people but I have not really figured out the issue. After taking off I will get a rapid green light flashing indicating IMU data lost. If I put a fresh pair of lipos on it will fly for a minute or two without the lights. If I didn't see the light I wouldn't think anything was wrong, flys well in GPS ALT and Manual. As soon as I land and lower the throttle it stops. Happens in all three flight modes. I do not have any IOC functions on or set up and the light is continuos so its not that. Some people with the same problem say its a GPS issue, others say is an electrical interference issue but its pretty much a brand new s800. Any ideas? Am I liable to fall out of the sky?

Also one more thing to add, its not a broken LED. I saw that has happened to someone else but I can assure you the LED is giving me all the colors on start up, and gives me the normal mode indicators when its on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

This could be relating to page 52, Light States bottom row..

"Fast flashing: Recorded forward direction, home point, or POI is successful." I get this and I thought it was indicating that it has recorded the home point successfully if fail safe needs to kicked in. I think the IMU data loss is longer flashes.. I might be mistaken of course..

Bowley

I get this rapid green flashing for a moment shortly after take off, Like VIN I assumed its setting home point.

iceman

I had 3 flashing gree lights repeated intermittent during a flight yesterday on my WMK. I don't have IOC activated, anyone figured it out?

iceman

Did another flight today and had intermittent White and green flashing lights, been on firmware 5ands for some months now without any issues. No problem previously, the White and sometimes green flash occurred during very sedate flying, after landing I spun the hexa by hand (no motors running) still in gps mode and the White and green flashes started. During flight the stability is somewhat lost when this green flashing starts. Has anyone found a cause/solution or contacted DJI?

maxwelltub

Hey so I thought I wrote a reply to this when I solved the issue, but I guess my phone didn't post after all. First of all, to all of you that said this is a IOC or home point indication I had already specified that I had ruled that out in my first post. I ruled that out by stating that the flashing was continuous and all IOC functions were disabled. So as a general rule read the whole post before eagerly responding. I'm guilty at times my self, but together we can overcome this urge.

The solution was actually found on a swedish forum, and thanks to google translate I found two people who made the same mistake. As it turns out that green light was apparently yellow, its a slightly different shade then the yellow that I get with Alt mode so assumed it was green. As it turns out it was the first voltage alarm and it was set a little conservatively. I tested this by raising the voltage alarm while the wkm was plugged into my laptop. Thanks for the replies, if this happens to someone else, check to make sure your not just running your lipos a little low.

Ptnick

Maxwelltub: Thanks so much for posting this. I had the same misinterpretation---dispair--relief!
Nick

I was about to post about similar issues then I saw this post!

On GPS mode (blinking purple) with retract up. And everything's fine BUT if i put retract down, it will start to blink green. Up and purple comes up again.

Am I missing something here?

pedrobraulio

Same problem green flashing light while flying

Did you find solution or know what was it? Got same situation

I was about to post about similar issues then I saw this post!

On GPS mode (blinking purple) with retract up. And everything's fine BUT if i put retract down, it will start to blink green. Up and purple comes up again.

Am I missing something here?

Gbillerty

Any update, Ihave the same problem. On my side, it looks like it happen when I raise the throttle fast to climb fast.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Sounds as if your low voltage indicator is kicking in as per the earlier post.

Gbillerty

You were right!

Replaced with IMU V2!! but had the same trouble. I turned off the low voltage alarm and BANG no more trouble with green light. LED if defective, that should be orange, not greem. I have the new IMU V2 now

maxwelltub, do you realise how many people have raised this problem that you've just solved?? If you got that printed on a T-shirt, people would be coming up to you in the street going 'OMG, is THAT what it is??'

Thanks enormously.

Rainman

maxwelltub, do you realise how many people have raised this problem that you've just solved?? If you got that printed on a T-shirt, people would be coming up to you in the street going 'OMG, is THAT what it is??'

Thanks enormously.

This is absolutely not an explaination and it's not resolved. My first stage low voltage protection on 4S is currently set to 14.8v and I've seen the rapid green lights when taking off with a fresh pack at 16.7v when I've been flying 'line of sight' and can also see the rapid switch from GPS to Atti with 9 satellites on my iOSD when flying FPV and the voltage has only dropped down to 15.5v and it's still doing it. If it's not switching from GPS to Atti then it's going to Atti and staying there - with 9 satellites! It's got nothing to do with low voltage, at least not in my case. I've seen it do this immediately after confirming I've got minumum 9 satellites, firmly in GPS mode with a full battery, you take off and it immediately switches to Atti.

soler

Is there any chance this could be a bad compass calibration? I had a similar result with a failed compass calibration. I had a good fix on the ground but after take off it would not stay in GPS mode and would revert to Alti.