Rapid flashing red light, and "VOL-LOW[4]" error

Andjons

WTF? I have a good charge in the 3S LiPo battery - 12.9V. The voltage monitor in Assiastant recognises this. Yet I am getting this flahing "VOL-LOW[4]" warning in the bootom panel of the Assistant (next to the flashing blue light). When I fly, I get a rapid flashing red light on the VU. What on earth?
Anyone???

Vojec

Hi there,
First of all what kind of system you use. WKM or Naza? If you use WKM just turn off Voltage monitor restart your flyer and error will be gone. It is not good. In the following link are the steps you can safely use read from post #7 / point 4 link

A week a go buy voltage telemetry and tested and must say it is a great voltage monitor :) link

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

You will also see this if the Sens lead is plugged into the wrong port. You might want to check that. I switched it once and was scratching my head for a while.

I had the same problem, how I fixed it was to disable the voltage monitoring in the assistant software & wrote the changes, then I disconnected the USB & battery. After reconnecting the battery and USB and then re-enabling and calibrating the battery again in the assistant the problem went away. HTH.

andrewrob

WTF? I have a good charge in the 3S LiPo battery - 12.9V. The voltage monitor in Assiastant recognises this. Yet I am getting this flahing "VOL-LOW[4]" warning in the bootom panel of the Assistant (next to the flashing blue light). When I fly, I get a rapid flashing red light on the VU. What on earth?
Anyone???

It sounds like you have everything plugged in right if you are seeing the 12.9v on the DJI voltage page, but have you actually got it set to 3s? Sounds like you have it set to 4s or higher, so its thinking that at 12.9 being a 4s it is flat.

jjboy

i'm having the same problem and here is a video of what's happening with my Phantom. Can anyone please help me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaaIyv0aDM

hi bboyflashbackV
i watch your video. maybe is your battery protection set is wrong IN assistant software. maybe battery type is 4s lipo or 5s lipo or 6s lipo inassistant sofetware. however ,you actually used 3s-lipo battery with naza or phantom or wk-m.
You think about it。 you will certainty get a rapid flashing red light.
3s-lipo battery -12.5. first level protectiion is 11.2-0.7=10.5V and second level protection is 10.9-0.7=10.2V with my phantom.

hope can help you.

bboyflashback

jjboy thanks for the info but the charger I own is the one that came with the phantom and I charge the battery on 3s and Lipo and I bought the phantom 2 weeks ago. I noticed the battery light turns green faster then before on the charger. It never used to do that. Do you think the battery is defective?

jjboy thanks for the info but the charger I own is the one that came with the phantom and I charge the battery on 3s and Lipo and I bought the phantom 2 weeks ago. I noticed the battery light turns green faster then before on the charger. It never used to do that. Do you think the battery is defective?

What jjboy is referring to is in the Assistant Software, not your charger. On the voltage protection page there is a setting for what type of battery is connected to the Naza (sorry, I don't have a Phatnom, but I understand the software is the same as the Naza software). This needs to be set to 3S as the battery type so that it can correctly determine the low battery value based on the number of cells in the battery.

jjboy

What jjboy is referring to is in the Assistant Software, not your charger. On the voltage protection page there is a setting for what type of battery is connected to the Naza (sorry, I don't have a Phatnom, but I understand the software is the same as the Naza software). This needs to be set to 3S as the battery type so that it can correctly determine the low battery value based on the number of cells in the battery.

yes! bboyflashback's video inside of the problem is used this way to resolve.
if sets is correct,maybe is system other errors. i cann't help you ,iam sorry.
but bboyflashback said that his charger has problems . bboyflashback should read the <DJI Battery and Charger Instruction v1.0> on dji-innovations.com website.
HOPE can help you

I could be wrong, but I think the reason the battery charger turns green faster than before on the charger is because the copter is not being flown long enough to use the battery. If the Assistant Software has the wrong battery type (i.e. set to 4S or something), then the voltage protection will kick in sooner and bboyflashback will land his copter sooner... and the battery was not used much. Then when he puts it in the charger, it turns green faster than before because the battery was discharged only a little bit.
That's just my speculation.