Quad is Flippin on Take off, help/Advice required Please. :)

Sebbie

I have setup the gyros, calibrated the Esc's set the uinit up ready to fly.
The motors are as per the channels and rotate as required, its driving me mad. :mad:
But as I raise the throttle to increase power, she gets to almost take off speed and flippin flips.

Every time, it happens i think im nearer to take off and she just flipps again.
I am after advice what to check/change/swap, there is no unusual noises, I can hear.

Do i need to check the PID tuning, or is it something less complicated and simple like me. :)
Your help is most appreciated, im so close but so far. :confused:

Sebbie

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Cant see it properly but are you sure you have the motors assigned correctly.. I could send you my config file if you want it..

Dave

matwelli

first thing is to check the mix setting on the airframe tab, should be 50% for R/P/Y , theres a bug that sets this to 0

Sebbie

first thing is to check the mix setting on the airframe tab, should be 50% for R/P/Y , theres a bug that sets this to 0

Mat,
I have checked and changed them to 50% for R/P/Y they where set at 0, has this bug been reported ?
Thanks for the heads up,I'll try her again *fingers crossed*

Sebbie

Sebbie

Well i have saved all the chnages i need, but rain has stopped play here, so ill update you all sooner than later i hope :)
British weather you cant beat it hehe

Sebbie

Sebbie

Hmm it seems to be more responsive and doesn't flip as much, so i guess im getting warmer.
Il leave it tonight, its late and i will look again tomorrow with fresher eyes :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Sebbie.. I just rebuilt mine coz I was not happy with the way I threw it together.. I have got some different motors and tidied the wiring up but apart from that I just fired her up in the garage and its as stable as out.. with the settings I sent you

Dave

Sebbie

Droider,
I dont flip as much, and she does fly off, just not hover. I have tried Stabilized 1 mode (att/att/rate settings) and Positionhold.
It may be down to my Joystick control, but she wont go straight up and just hover. :(
Ill be home earlier today so i can have more time with her, ill try do another video as well.

John

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
They dont have any kind of position hold so they will drift off. I just stop it by trimming with the trim tabs.. but it will still drift off in the wind. Did you calibrate your TX sticks ok?

Dave

Sebbie

Yes i did, maybe its just me then :(
I am going to swap out motor 2, it seems to always drop that side.
Hopefully itll be better then.

Sebbie

Last edited by a moderator: