Quad flipping and motors not powering up at the same speed

brind0g

As the title suggests, I tried to fly my quad for the first time since building it today. I noticed a few things and need some advice/guidance as I am still very new to the scene.

First thing I am not sure about is after doing a factory reset on the KK2 board im using, the elevator control seems to be reversed, so when i push the stick forward, it shows as "back" on the KK2 board LCD.

I also have an issue with the motors powering up at different speeds. They seem to come on together, but even when i just put throttle on 10 - 20%, one Motor1 just keep increasing in speed. Motor 4 hardly spins, if at all.

Is there are particular order I should reset everything?

I am using Turnigy Plush 25A escs, which I have programmed with the programming card.

I have checked motor orientation and props are the correct direction for each motor.

My Tx is a Spektrum dx7s

I am going to try suspending the quad tonight and see what I can find with the auto leveling etc.

Thanks in advance

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Not sure about the KK fc but not sure you should be starting the motors with the ship upside down.

Have yu calibrated your esc's to your radio?

Dave

brind0g

Even If i start it on the ground it still flips and spazz's out. I did this so I dont keep snapping props. It levels out fine to start with, then once I increase the the throttle ever so slightly, one motor seems to increase RPM more than the others causing it to flip.

I am not sure on calibrating the ESC's to the radio. I have done a calibration where I hold button 1 and 4 on the KK FC and power it on and set the throttle range. ??

Thanks Dave

Andrew

Jackella

few things here,after factory reset, parameters like quad X or + need resetting,esc calibration needs doing again.correct stick movement etc,also do the flat table gyro calibration again.This stuff only takes a few mins. at most so wise to practise and get to know whats what on the KK2.Double or tripple check all servo wires etc are correct.
leave all your PID adjustments as stock,it should fly as it is..
In acro mode on TX...

have you any heli or multicopter flying experience?

brind0g

I have had a play with most RC flying things, heli's, mini quads, planes etc. But the mini quads are RTF and cant do what i want. How do I tell if its in Acro mode?? It has been some time since I last played with a proper TX, may need to refresh the memory! I will double check everything from scratch in the morning. Thanks for advice!

Andrew

Jackella

Acromode is plane mode,should show a outline of a plane on tx screen,heli mode shows a heli..
my advise if its a new TX is have a damn good read of the tx manual and get to know whats what.
always set a fresh model and rebind RX and start off any model with default TX settings..

brind0g

Figured out what the issue was, somehow I managed to plug M4 into M2 on the KK2 Board. Once I got the motors around the right away everything was sweet as!! Guess now I understand the importance of double and triple checking EVERYTHING!!

Flies pretty good for a home made job :D

Thanks for you advice Jackella