Props - which are the best propeller brands?

filmfly

Couldn't find this in another thread yet (though I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere): what brands of propellers do you guys prefer? It seems, as with all multirotor components, there are a lot to choose from. For a medium-sized hex or octo, what types (cf, wood?) should I look at, and where are some good places to buy them?

Thanks in advance!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think it's safe to say that you will get a fairly wide range of opinions on this. In my opinion, if you're new to the hobby, best to go with something fairly cheap (but not cheap plastic). Something like APC or HQProp will not set you back too much - and won't hurt the wallet too much if/when you break a few while testing. They both balance pretty easily, and can fly well.

Once you're confident in the MR, then you can move up to the wood or CF props that will cost a good deal more. Of course the change will effect flight characteristics, and may require a bit of re-tuning.

I have found good prices from GotHeliRc.com, tower hobbies and ReadymadeRC.

good luck and have fun!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Does also depend on what motors you are using, a bit of info about your rig would be helpful.

Pete

filmfly

I would love to hear any and all preferences or biases people might hold regarding different props for different reasons. If it matters, my current build would be for a hex or Y6 flying Avroto M2814-11s (770kv), ideally with an AUW of around 5 kg (11 lbs), if possible.