Product Review ** CineTank MK I by Flying Cinema

BenSkoning

frozen in the north
I am thinking about one of these but I have one question. what was your experience with the Cine-Coin and what is the likely hood of a cold solder joint.

Thanks,
-Ben Skoning

(I would be building this as a project with an electrical engineer and he was skeptical)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'd say if you prep it well (pencil eraser and then alcohol) it will hold as well as any PDB out there. If your friend is skeptical about PDBs in general - then the same concerns would apply here. It's simpler than an integrated PDB, and gives you more flexibility. But nothing will probably ever be as solid as a well made squid or hard wiring.

I am thinking about one of these but I have one question. what was your experience with the Cine-Coin and what is the likely hood of a cold solder joint.

Thanks,
-Ben Skoning

(I would be building this as a project with an electrical engineer and he was skeptical)

I'd say if you prep it well (pencil eraser and then alcohol) it will hold as well as any PDB out there. If your friend is skeptical about PDBs in general - then the same concerns would apply here. It's simpler than an integrated PDB, and gives you more flexibility. But nothing will probably ever be as solid as a well made squid or hard wiring.

Its actually harder to make a squid because there is so much thermal mass to get going.