Problem with take off (Video) - back motors spin faster (i think)

SirMj

Hi guys this is my first quad copter.

Some specification :
  1. F450 body
  2. 30 Amp simonK ESC
  3. 1100kv motors (i think haha kinda forgot)
  4. 10 inch props and they are balanced
  5. KK 2.1 flight controller.
  6. battery Zippy - 3000 Mah - 20 C
  7. Flysky FS-t6 transmitter and receiver

I did the calibration with KK board, but still had problems, then did the calibration each ESC on its on with the receiver. and it was a bit better. but still have problem with take off. as you can see it spins a bit and goes forward. I have done everything needed from ACC calibration,checking the heat from ESC and motors. checking props and right spin, stabilizing props, PI gains, and even tried playing with the mixer on the KK board and increased throttle on motor 1 and 2 (front motors) still same problem. please help.

oh as for the twitching in motor 3 it started now. it wasn't there this morning, I had it before but it went away after calibrating each motor alone. then i did the calibration again with KK board now its back.

Please help, any Idea can help.

EDIT 1: right after I posted this thread I found out about ACC trim and played with it a bit seems to fix it when flying with auto level. but is there away to fix it when out of auto level. 2nd thing is I STILL have that slight yaw motion, not sure how to fix that

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Double check the ESC/motor combos are plugged into the correct channels of the KK board. Also make sure that the props are on the correct direction for the motor outputs/direction.

Did you get the proper audio feedback from the individual ESC calibration?

SirMj

I have been working on this quad for quiet sometime, and during that time I have triple, quadruple checked the combos and their channels.
and yes the calibration sound was a beep then double beep after throttle down then music then it works. that happened to all ESC's

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Have you tried just popping it off the ground for a real launch yet? Outside of course. The second part of the video looks like it may have proper balance.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the KK board. If you are confident it is set up correctly, perhaps it could be mismatched firmware on the ESCs???

SirMj

I went out for a test today, and did launch it it does fly but needs a lot of fixing since I have noticed that the motors dont run at the same speed. and I calibrated them probably a million times. oh and one more thing, it never stays in hover it's either going up or its going down

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Have you calculate the weight to thrust?

What flight mode is it exhibiting the up/down behavior? I thought these KK2 were supposed to be decent out of the box - but famous claims and different experience :)

SirMj

self level, thats why I was so shocked I mean i get the fact that it might be pitching or rolling somewhere but the inability to at least keep altitude was very annoying. and yah it has good reputation and a lot of videos show real good hover and control. but I am having a whole different story, even tho I have read almost every manual there is.

question: is there any chance that my ESC soldering needs to be done better can it be affecting the voltage running through the motors. or can the power distribution board be doing that ? (the DB is from the F450)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Definitely check the soldering - but I would think that the MR would fall out of the sky completely if you had bad/cold solder joints.

The self-level may not be providing altitude hold, but rather just attitude hold.

You also may have a bad board.