Powering up my FPV

rickoshay

Help the almost helpless. I am very new to this but want to extend my photography abilities.I purchased a second hand quad running a Naza lite controller and Tabot gimbal which I run off the balance cable from a 4s battery. I have purchased a Fatshark Predator for FPV (of course). Since I have the Tabot running from the balance cable how do I power the FVP? Thanks in anticipation of solving my problem and although I may (or may not) sound like I know something I don't, so please keep it simple and in plain English with instructions a 5 year old can follow. Cheers.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you have a standard Predator set then it needs to run off 7.4V nominal according to the info on the set, so either a small 2 cell pack or a regulator that will supply 7.4V will do the job.

Pete

rickoshay

If you have a standard Predator set then it needs to run off 7.4V nominal according to the info on the set, so either a small 2 cell pack or a regulator that will supply 7.4V will do the job.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

It has one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=43725 which I am guessing is what you are talking about, it allows a 4s to be plugged into it but how is my dilemma as it does plug into the Balance lead but that is taken up powering my Tarot gimbal, so I need to know where else I can power the Fatshark. Cheers.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Pete,

It has one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=43725 which I am guessing is what you are talking about, it allows a 4s to be plugged into it but how is my dilemma as it does plug into the Balance lead but that is taken up powering my Tarot gimbal, so I need to know where else I can power the Fatshark. Cheers.

Usually you'd solder up (or may be able to buy) a harness that takes power from your PDB and splits it to your Naza and your gimbal. Then the product you linked would be plugged into the balance port for running the FPV gear. Or you could buy a small 3S or 4S battery (keep it light) to power just the gimbal or both gimbal and FPV gear.