Please help

Kratos

I have no expirence with this. I am in big dillema! Dji NAZA-M V2(with gps) with zenmuse H4-3D 546 euros plus shipping. Pixhawk and Tarot T4-3D 490 euro plus shipping. I was for pixhawk but I am affraid of setup, naza is plug and play???? What do you sugest me to do?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Do a bit of research on the tarot ZYX-M.... Very inexpensive, but seems to perform very well. Same basic & att gain tunes as DJI very simple.... Not for the $15,000 Heavy Lifter, but a great bargain for a small hobby aircraft.

Kratos

Nobody suggest Pixhawk :D Yes I know that H4 want Naza, that is the reason I am in dillema between these two . I went away from tarot xyz because reviw on hobbyking was so bad... I read that Pixhawk is one of best FC but it is not as easy to use as Naza. HARAKIRI or SEPOKU!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If you have not ordered the DJI gimbal already, then the Pixhawk becomes a more serious candidate. Bottom line: Naza will make your life easier with any DJI gimbal, as well as being generally easier to get flying well.

There is a learning curve to APM that is well documented. Great features, and even better when considering the cost. But in my experience, that comes at a price. Time.

Kratos

I am going now to put my money on bank, and than to order something. Didnt order any gimbal. Gimbal is dictating FC! Pixhawk is making me nervous, he is best as I can see. Is it difficult to make flight with pixhawk?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Difficult is really subjective. It's easy for some, impossible for others. It really depends on your ability to understand the programming.

I think it's safe to say that most people find the setup for Naza quite easy, regardless of their abilities. But that comes with a price as well. Marriage to the DJI family - which can produce its own frustrations. :)

ProfEngr

My plan is to go with PixHawk and probably a Taranis radio. Of course that may change as I learn more, but I like the idea of open source hardware.

Kratos

Difficult is really subjective. It's easy for some, impossible for others. It really depends on your ability to understand the programming.

I think it's safe to say that most people find the setup for Naza quite easy, regardless of their abilities. But that comes with a price as well. Marriage to the DJI family - which can produce its own frustrations. :)

I am engeneeir not electrical but I find solutions. Pixhawk have some user interface? I will not write codes :D And yes I hate any type of maridge xD

My plan is too to buy Taranis 16ch, and it comes with receiver so two flies with one strike :D

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I would recommend doing some research on the APM/Pixhawk before you buy. Yes, there is an interface and it is very robust.

Plenty of info out there to see if you think you'd be comfortable with the choice. Many users here on MRF have had great experiences with the Pixhawk. But again, each user is different and has different needs.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have a Pixhawk (actually 2 as one gps connection broke), 2 Tarot zyx's (had to replace one GPS at my cost), SuperX and MiniX and the Naza V2. The wiring connections are terrible, IMO on the Pixhawk.

If you just want to fly and have fun without noodling about, Naza or Tarot XZM. If you want autonomous flights and more choices, than go with Pixhawk, but you will work a little harder. For pure flying and filming, the Naza V2 and Tarot zyx require the least amount of effort. The Pixhawk wins hands down on features. So far, I've gotten better flight characteristic out of the Naza v2 and Tarot, but with more time and effort the Pixhawk might get there, just more effort.

The Tarot combo with their gimbal is pretty decent with a go pro. I've never owned the DJI gimbal, but it's probably the best combo with the Naza V2 in terms of video, but I don't know that from 1st hand experience. This assumes you like the gopro.

With all these I fly my DJI Inspire the most. Hate the company, but the Inspire is a joy to fly and video is ok, and you can at least control exposure via shutter and iso. Video isn't as good as my larger x8 w/ naza v2/ gh3/gh4, but it's so easy to just get out and fly. I'm anticipating my 650 quad with 3515's and Tarot or Naza v2, will be a goto MR next year if I can get a light gimbal for the new Black Magic Micro Cam that is still on back order. That flies very smooth with the Tarot FC. Trust factor is the least with the Tarot as it's newer.... So far, I've been ok, just had a flaky GPS module.

I dislike the Gopro for aerials as I want more control over exposure and don't much like the fish-eye.

Kratos

I would save a lot of money with tarot FC! But I am affraid because bad reviews!
p.s. Gopro4 have some exposure and you can remove fisheye in aftereffect or photoshop. Of course profesional camera is pro:)

Hoki

Why not get the apm 2.8 with gps like I did? I order all my parts from aliexpress. It cost 44 dollars with free shipping there.

Old Man

I'm going to offer an alternative. If you choose to select a gimbal other than a DJI product, and there are many to choose from, like some flexibility and also ease of use, do not require waypoints, consider the Eagle Tree Vector FC. A very easy to use and reliable FC for things up to a hex. Although the manufacturer notes they were designed around smaller aircraft they work extremely well in 800mm copters. There is also no need to purchase additional telemetry or OSD peripherals. What's included in the FC is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kratos

I have 810mm quad... I think I make my mind. I will buy cheap tarot ZYX FC with tarot T4-3D gimball. I wont buy DJI because they are like Apple overpriced but not best, also locked so it is not open source (I have samsung :D ). If s**t happens I have room to change it for pixhawk (with DJI i dont have because H4-3D gimball). Eagle Tree Vector is on price, it also takes into account, but I think pixhawk have more tutorials and manuals on internet. Like I can see Old Man is using Pixhawk too :) :) :) :) Hope you all are going to be on my build thread to help me put together everything. Thanks!

violetwolf

APM/Pixhawk is all I will use myself.

The NAZA is something you will grow out of fairly quickly, while the Pixhawk is something to grow into. ;)

Pixhawk setup is a lot easier these days with a wizard to walk you though it. It usually flies great on the stock settings, and if not it has autotune.

And lots of online support and ongoing development.

Old Man

I'm sure glad you posted that Violetwolf. One of our company officers is looking at the Centerpiece and was asking me if it worked with Pixhawk. I am now presuming my answer of yes was correct. I had my neck stretched out a little. We're the folks that launch sUAS from MR's....

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have two Centerpieces and I am happy with them. I've not flow them with all my FC's, but don't really think that would be an issue. Biggest issue is a properly built and tuned gimbal. They don't work on just any gimbal.

Kratos, I think your idea of trying the Tarot is fine. You can always update FC later.... You'll get in the air real fast this way. Buy the osd with it so you can see your voltage.