Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Also, can someone point me to instructions for using a JetiBox?
EDIT: OK, that was fairly straight forward. Plug JetiBox into the Picklock on bottom row with signal wire in the bottom left corner of plugs. It should communicate and then offer basic steps to follow.

Documentation for Picloc is severely lacking!

Last edited by a moderator:

snurre

I've read on this forum about quite a few folks having Jitter issues on the tilt axis. I have always fought the jitter and it seems to be as bad as ever right now. I just spent a couple hours drilling new holes in the AV200 camera plate to balance Canon 5D/16-35mm lens and I still have really bad jitter. I will admit I cannot seem to get the camera perfectly balanced at all tilt configurations.

All jitter issue talk seems to end with a skype with George without posting what the fix is on the forum. Anyone have any advice?

Hi. Maybe if you provide details about servos used, servo voltage, Picloc installation (physical) and Picloc gains - somebody might be able to come up with useful ideas.
/ Tomas

mfabriz

Hello,

i have problem with Dx8 Satellite and Picloc.
I connected original satellite of Dx8 to picloc and, when i switch on the radio, the channels indicators for throttle, rudd, etc etc go up and down all the time without touching the radio's stick, and there isn't a way to stop it.
Ave you any suggest?
Thanks
Marco

EDIT
i solved dx8 connections problems changing frame rate on radio. Now i see rudd aileron etc move correctly but i have another problem.
When i switch on the radio all word in picloctoolz become red and all freeze, after the title of program change in E-STOP E-STOP. When i move the radio sticks the plate not work.
What i wrong?

Piranha

Hi George, Is it any chance to use direct prebound satellite receiver (I am using Jr9303 Radio and 9ch Jr receiver) when I am choosing DX8 OR DX7 radio from the menu my channels behave very strange (jumping)

Copterpic

Hi im selling two new Picloc 3x pro. Each 300€ + shipping from DE. If interested please PM me. Together for 580€+ shipping.

Pablo74

Hello everyone I would like some advice if George also reads to him :) :)
broke away from the mini usb picloc.
Any advice for welding is complex?
For the rest of the picloc works perfectly.
Thanks to all
Giorgio

sportcam

Hi sportcam,

how to use FM which everything works perfectly without drift ?

Peter

it was very simple.
cicked off picloc and bought a freefly radian system.
now i'am happy so far.

sorry but i'm totally frustrated with picloc and goerge, over month.

first version of picloc, doesn't work and promises for the new X2
same thing here and after that, a new wonder imu called X3
and after the promised X3 another X4?

Only George knows whats going on ;)
i no longer trust his promises.

he promises over weeks and month a new super version for the x3
but nothing realy happend.

peterd

Hi sportcam,

thanks for the clarification ... I've lost hope for a new FW on Picloc 3x. And I think that is quiet on New FW unfair to customers.

Peter

Pablo74

Hello everyone I would like some advice if George also reads to him :) :)
broke away from the mini usb picloc.
Any advice for welding is complex?
For the rest of the picloc works perfectly.
Thanks to all
Giorgio

Hi I redid the welding of mini usb
picloc when I connect the blue and green LEDs light up but on my pc "unknown usb device"
I've always used on the pc I tried to reinstall the drivers CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.exe but nothing: (
someone can help me! :(:(
thanks

GeorgeM

Hi !!

I've been veerrrrrrrry busy creating new stuff, stuff which I've been trying to make better since a looooooong time.. (Picloc related unfinished work).
I'm very close to completion of this work, and just yesterday, I've managed to crack one issue which I've been wrapping my head around, for a very long time.
So.. its close to release of new firmware now.
Beta testers who have approached me to send them beta firmware over the past months.... I have a nice list of emails to send this firmware to :)
On all OK, I will publish the finished firmware to all.

New stuff coming up.

I will not spill all beans in one go. The new Picloc is very stable and outperforms 2011's Picloc by a great deal. Its mostly down to a new sensor, and also a re-design of the construction of Picloc.
There will be no more USB connector issues, Hardware works perfectly, and the new Picloc has a new external Magnetometer.
This is the way forward, and therefore I had to abandon the gyro (ONLY) upgrade path that I spoke about previously.

Here's what's going to happen:

Picloc-3X PRO owners... on return of your used unit, you will be sent a complete new Picloc-3X PRO V2 with external Magnetometer.
Price of this upgrade is yet to be finalized, but is in the region of slightly less than 95.- Euro for a complete new unit with upgraded hardware.. ie practically a brand new Picloc-3X PRO vII.

Picloc-3X Standard owners can upgrade just the Gyro board, or else to a complete new unit like above.
The price for Gyro only upgrade is around 40.- Euro.

And as for the accessories for Picloc ( which I will not say what they are yet, but you will be VERY pleasantly surprised), you'll just have to wait a tiny bit more, until I'm 100% satisfied with the results which are getting better day by day.

The Picloc swap period will be towards end November, in same timing as New Picloc-V2 are out.

For current Picloc owners (Pro and Std) who are interested in swapping their Picloc to the new one, you are kindly requested to drop a message at : picloc-swap@mail.com
This is just to show your interest in the swap to the new Picloc, and give me a time stamp of who pre-ordered the swap first.
If you want to upgrade to a PRO, this is the time to do it.

For this end-November 2012, only 200 Picloc-3X PRO v2's are available for swap.
According to the call, I will adjust the number of new Piclocs to be available for December.

Thanks for reading.
Will be with you again very soon.

George.

btw...

Pablo74, Thanks for your phonecall and sorry for all the background noise on set during your call. We will get your picloc sorted quickly.

To PeterD and Sportcam.... I'm really sorry to hear about your disappointment and abandonment of Picloc.

Piranha

Great news !!!
George, I am still waiting for the new pro :) But soon can give up for Zenmuse ;)

I just wanted to speak in defense of George. I was in his position 8 years ago when I designed a real time system for a company that found itself in a bad situation. All during the design and fw process, I caught nothing but hell for not giving them what they wanted, when they wanted it, before I was finished with it, even though it couldn't be purchased for any price, anywhere. They kept asking me when it would be done, and all I could tell them was it will be done, when it's done, and not a second before. They wanted a gantt chart, showing where I was in the process, but I couldn't do that, since I didn't know where the end of the chart would be, since I had never done it before.

There was some final changes that I had to make, when it was put into service, for things I hadn't thought of, since is was new. But when I finished it, everyone was elated with it and it's still being used 8 years later, with no problems.

This gimbal control, and the picloc, is on the bleeding edge of technology. I'm sure, when it's complete, it will work great. Just give him the time to do it before you give up on it. All the other gimbal controllers have had their problems too.

I'm sure I'll get flamed over this post, but I just thought someone, who's been in his shoes before, ought to speak up in his defense. I would guess that the majority of you who are upset with him because he's been silent for quite a while, probably couldn't create something like this or you would have already. It's hard to do. Just keep the faith for a little longer, and you'll get what you want.

Kenny