Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

hexacop

HexaCop
Thanks and strange! Have found it earlier and only got a link to the firmware I already have and now I see the 56. Is there an improvement in anything from the 55 to 56?
Np. just go back around 50 pages and start to read ... many improvements and as well new bugs :upset:

EricH

What goes up...
I notice a couple of pages back, discussion about roll drift starting to occur after a few minutes flight (you should also get tilt drift but less pronounced). This is due to vibrations, and basically PL losing its reference of where "down" is. Pls check post #783 and 785 on page 79.
Different platforms will generate different frequencies, so the settings will have to be adjusted for each case, you'll also have to experiment w/ different thickness of tape.
Also, if your PL has been calibrated at an ambient temperature of say 20°, and you then fly w/ a temperature substantially different from this, your PL will exhibit the same issue w/ roll drift. The solution here is to calibrate it at the temperature you'll be flying at (make sure it's level when you calibrate it).

E

njozsef

Fine!!! congrat. Krleas.
which firmware?
Please write to the PID parameters. my config: skyjib8 and cinestar3x. Red carrier :)
Thank you.
Jozsef from Hungary

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

@Multihexa....VERRRRRY busy personal week.... and I am still finalizing the new firmware.
Also some technical amendments to the new V2 Piclocs which should be on their way soon.
Apologize for delay.

rene.m

@Multihexa....VERRRRRY busy personal week.... and I am still finalizing the new firmware.
Also some technical amendments to the new V2 Piclocs which should be on their way soon.
Apologize for delay.
Will the roll problem be solved?
or will it be solved in a new hardware ?!?
i don't get it, what George wants to say. (do we need to buy a new picloc??)

zellevision

Freelance
Dont get it, what roll problem realy? Have 2 PL x3 pro, latest FW and NO drift or jitter on CS gimbal. All feeded with 6v, tilt, roll and pan.

rene.m

Dont get it, what roll problem realy? Have 2 PL x3 pro, latest FW and NO drift or jitter on CS gimbal. All feeded with 6v, tilt, roll and pan.

did you solved the roll-drift-problem, or do you never had this drifting?
if you solved it, let us know, how you did it.

thanks a lot !

zellevision

Freelance
did you solved the roll-drift-problem, or do you never had this drifting?
if you solved it, let us know, how you did it.

thanks a lot !
Had jitters on the tilt and pan before the latest fw, but now no drifting on any xyz... If you ask me it's all about good software configuration and balanced setup. The combinations of the pl and what ever gimbal you use, together with the voltage, the weight of camera gives, settings etc gives us aloooot of different mix of settings and combinations. It's best to start from 0 and find your own setting, trial and error :).

Cs gimbal with pan, 3s lipo that goes thru 6v bec, standalone gr-16 RX to PLx3 pro. I use the x3 fw, fastest, have the servos at highest resolution, quite low gains. Roll and pan very little smooth... Etc..

George's_Friend

Hello.

George has had a car accident, and is unavailable for 2-3 days. He is OK and well.
Some head injuries.

He has asked me to relay this here, so that you know that any emails you send will be back logged.
Any Skype meets will have to get cancelled for this week.
He also sends his greetings beforehand to well wishes emails.

Promises to release the new firmware as soon as possible.

Gabby.

njozsef

Hi.
I tried ACC calibration on
Picloc toolz 3x 0.56.
But only passed ACC calibration, if checked the "auto accelerometer calibration on startup" checkbox.

Hello.

George has had a car accident, and is unavailable for 2-3 days. He is OK and well.
Some head injuries.

He has asked me to relay this here, so that you know that any emails you send will be back logged.
Any Skype meets will have to get cancelled for this week.
He also sends his greetings beforehand to well wishes emails.

Promises to release the new firmware as soon as possible.

Gabby.

Ouch!!!

Best wishes to George for a smooth recovery