Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

flybee

Hello George!

I have a NEW Problem with my Picloc 3X Pro - AV200-360 - firmware 56.67
When I fly with fixed pan - the roll (horizontal) is O.K. - but if I use the pan - the horizontal is not correct! It drifts with degrees of pano use. Sorry about my english - just look the video and you will understand.
Hope George will fix this bug...
http://vimeo.com/40361127

EricH

What goes up...
Flybee: I checked your video:

1 check that your accelerometers have been calibrated properly (see the general video on rotorpics)

2 Is the problem occurring also on initial start up or does it start misbehaving in flight after a couple of minutes? If It starts in flight after a little while, you have vibrations affecting PL. Play with gyro sample rate in option tab and accelerometers correction influence in calibration tab. I had to go to 256hz and high to solve this problem. I also had to change to mounting method of PL i.e. change the type of double sided tape used to mount it.

E

flybee

Hello EricH!

The acc have been calibrated and this effect I just fixed in flight. But why does not exist this problem when I don´t use the pan funktion?
I´ll test a new tape and play with gyro sample rate... Thank you!

EricH

What goes up...
When PL is affected by vibration, It seems that accelerometers calibration drifts off, and basically the unit loses its reference of where down is. When you start panning, although you are level, PL doesn't sense you are, and therefore starts correcting on roll and tilt. If you check carefully the end of your sequence, when you do that fast pan, you have both roll and tilt movements. Adjust both gyro sample rate in option tab and accelerometers correction influence in calibration tab. Changing the type of tape changes the vibration frequencies getting to PL (I went from a thick to a thin type).

E

ssjheli

Hi I need help for my picloc

When I open the toolz and try to connect to the unit it cant fint it and says no USB drive found. Where do I find a USB driver?

thanks for the help

ssjheli

thanks Lanzer
I got contact to the picloc and it looks promissing I go for a test flight now with my Hexa in 7-9 m/s wind.

tumad

Hi after spending several hours of struggling with my becs and already scratching my head why every ....... bec i own all of a sudden it broken or not giving out the configured voltage, i finally figured that my multimeter is broken :) Little less drinking on the weekend and i would have been faster on this one :)

Nevertheless i got my Tilt somewhat dialled in with the picloc 3x on the av 130.

I think the results are not that bad on the little time i spend and if my damm av 130 wouldnt have issues again on the belt drive which i have to figure out before the next test it would be better.

Would be cool if others that are getting or have their picloc already would join in and give some infos.

Boris

Lovely stuff.. one problem though with all this stuff - gimbal, picloc, servos etc etc.. no drone I have seen flies that slowly. You need to test it much much faster as in real life scenario, even on the bench.. You will find that after setting up your quad/hexa/okto which is already stabilized, properly, you won't need any of this other stuff ever again.. Fly smooth, make it simple.. None of this stuff really works i.m.o.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
tumad, i agree with you to a certain extend. I dont expect any of the given gimbal stabi systems that are in the traditional sense so hobby servos and FC separate IMU stabi, to really compensate any of the wobbles and jumps a copter might produce during flight or once impacted by wind. What it can do though is keep the camera level at moderate flight and hovering, ( EXPO Dual rate etc. ) And nothing more i am aiming at with these setups.

Concerning the video this was long ago just getting familiar with picloc etc. complete different episode of all of this in the meantime.

Boris

tumad

tumad, i agree with you to a certain extend. I dont expect any of the given gimbal stabi systems that are in the traditional sense so hobby servos and FC separate IMU stabi, to really compensate any of the wobbles and jumps a copter might produce during flight or once impacted by wind. What it can do though is keep the camera level at moderate flight and hovering, ( EXPO Dual rate etc. ) And nothing more i am aiming at with these setups.

Concerning the video this was long ago just getting familiar with picloc etc. complete different episode of all of this in the meantime.

Boris

HI, yes when I replied I noticed that this thread was already 80 pages long.. I have binned all my attempts at stabilizing video cameras and only fly in no wind.. Nothing in my opinion actually works.. The videos we see are not certain as to what was used, weather conditions, post etc etc.. I kinda give up.. Besides that, piclocs are no where to be found, they promise the earth, but if it aint avaialble..... :)

sean911sc

Whats the deal with the white LED when plugging in the USB cable?

Any other options to program or is this thing DOA?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
HI, yes when I replied I noticed that this thread was already 80 pages long.. I have binned all my attempts at stabilizing video cameras and only fly in no wind.. Nothing in my opinion actually works.. The videos we see are not certain as to what was used, weather conditions, post etc etc.. I kinda give up.. Besides that, piclocs are no where to be found, they promise the earth, but if it aint avaialble..... :)

As a follow up to my reply to your post on the 'Before you buy, please read this' thread, the other pre-requisite to achieving any success is perseverance.

FYI, I have two Picloc TRv3's, one Picloc 2X and three Picloc 3X Pro's and I don't want any of them. If you want any of them let me know.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Whats the deal with the white LED when plugging in the USB cable?

Any other options to program or is this thing DOA?

The little push-switch may have dried out. Try a drop of WD40 to unstick it. Best to remove the four corner screws and take the circuit board assy out rather than spray WD40 over everything with none of it going through the hole.

sean911sc

The push-buttom/switch clicks when pushing it. If I push the USB in just before the PC recognizes the PL the RED, Grn and Blu LED will light up then go out. Fully insert USB solid White (Starts Blue then White (stays on) then Red, Grn.) only White LED stays on. Unable to enter bootloader mode.

tumad

As a follow up to my reply to your post on the 'Before you buy, please read this' thread, the other pre-requisite to achieving any success is perseverance.

FYI, I have two Picloc TRv3's, one Picloc 2X and three Picloc 3X Pro's and I don't want any of them. If you want any of them let me know.

Interesting that you dont want any of them?. Why do you have so many, why don't you want them and if at all, a 3xpro might be on my shopping list

holco

Indoors test directly uploaded from the GH2.
Last tuned settings of the picloc pro with v56-70-x1 firmware, the AV-130 mount has a modified tilt axis gear from 2,5:1 to 4:1 and Futaba BLS451 servo's.
Outdoors test will follow.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Hmm. Waiting for outdoor test. Indoor test doesn't prove much. The camera bolted direct to the airframe would probably be just as smooth.