Photohigher skyline rsgs

Efliernz

Pete
I upgraded the USB driver (6.6.1.0) tonight and the the RSGS with 1.7beta. I am using a Acer One Netbook 1.6Ghz.

I followed the book and the upgrade happened like it should without issues. It kept my original settings for tilt travel and AUX options. I calibrated it with the 3-step process including "auto" and it happened without drama with me remembering to save at the right times. I re-powered it and it started up level. There was much less chattering/movement when "stationary" than before. Silent for large durations.

I tried the "monitor" tab and all I got was numbers bouncing +/-5 deg before the program (but not the pc) crashed.

I did a small flight on the yard as "my park" had kids all over it. It was blowing 10-15kph around the trees and over the fence so the machine was bouncing around. The RSGS appears stable and isn't wandering. More testing in better weather this weekend. I am uploading the YT video at the moment and I'll post it here, along with a nice note to Brendan.

Pete

When it has uploaded...

Last edited by a moderator:

At first I had problems with the set up but if you follow the guide in this video as I did it works, just make sure you start with roll servo disengaged from the roll and the tilt belt removed from tilt gear.

Thank you. This tells me all I need to know, and didn't know... Can't wait untill im finished on work to test this out, one week left :D

And I am happy to read that photohigher are hireing sombody to make the instructions better, cause there is no use even reading it now...

nicwilke

Ross,
There's a few little anomalies that I've reported to Brendan, but I'd go for it if I were you. Follow how I did it in my video.
Good luck.

Tuukkuli

Hi

Does anyone have a pinout for a properly working Skyline wiring harness? I still have the tilt problem despite everything should be correct hardware and software wise.

Correctness has been confirmed with a video I made and sent to Cedric at 1001copters and also to Photohigher. After seeing the video Brendon from Photohigher suggested I should check the tilt limits and tilt acceleration and velocity from the software. I checked them and the values are: Tilt limits 60 both. Tilt velocity is 100 and tilt acceleration is 200 dps/sec. So no reason there for manual tilt not working via transmitter input in my opinion. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Brendon also asked me to turn the servos on via software and check the monitor tab if it responds to the stick movements. I did and the roll tab was moving - my roll works fine via transmitter. The tilt tab was not moving which seems logical as the tilt is not responding to the stick inputs.

I have also checked the conductivity of the wiring harness - especially the tilt wires - and they are OK. A multimeter was used.

The video is this: https://vimeo.com/57856322

Password is: Skyline prob

I would appreciate if some of you would have the time to go through the video and tell me if there is something wrong with the setup. As the tilt limits and tilt acceleration and velocity are also checked, what is there left to check? I would like to be able to prove Photohigher that there is something wrong with my Skyline so I could have it replaced with a working one. And it would make me even happier if I could get the present one working at last. The Skyline is brand new and never been used. It´s version 1.1.

Thanks!
Tuukka
Finland

nicwilke

Hi

Does anyone have a pinout for a properly working Skyline wiring harness? I still have the tilt problem despite everything should be correct hardware and software wise.

Correctness has been confirmed with a video I made and sent to Cedric at 1001copters and also to Photohigher. After seeing the video Brendon from Photohigher suggested I should check the tilt limits and tilt acceleration and velocity from the software. I checked them and the values are: Tilt limits 60 both. Tilt velocity is 100 and tilt acceleration is 200 dps/sec. So no reason there for manual tilt not working via transmitter input in my opinion. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Brendon also asked me to turn the servos on via software and check the monitor tab if it responds to the stick movements. I did and the roll tab was moving - my roll works fine via transmitter. The tilt tab was not moving which seems logical as the tilt is not responding to the stick inputs.

I have also checked the conductivity of the wiring harness - especially the tilt wires - and they are OK. A multimeter was used.

The video is this: https://vimeo.com/57856322

Password is: Skyline prob

I would appreciate if some of you would have the time to go through the video and tell me if there is something wrong with the setup. As the tilt limits and tilt acceleration and velocity are also checked, what is there left to check? I would like to be able to prove Photohigher that there is something wrong with my Skyline so I could have it replaced with a working one. And it would make me even happier if I could get the present one working at last. The Skyline is brand new and never been used. It´s version 1.1.

Thanks!
Tuukka
Finland

Hi Tuuka,
Have you got the original unaltered harness?
What version of Skyline do you have?

Nic

Tuukkuli

Hi Nic

It´s Tuukka with a double k by the way :) Yes I have the original harness as well. After the replacement harness I received from 1001copters along with the dummy pots did not work, I modified the original harness according to the instructions on Photohigher´s web pages. Also that did not work. The result was exactly the same as with the replacement harness. My Skyline is version 1.1.

Tuukka

nicwilke

Hi Nic

It´s Tuukka with a double k by the way :) Yes I have the original harness as well. After the replacement harness I received from 1001copters along with the dummy pots did not work, I modified the original harness according to the instructions on Photohigher´s web pages. Also that did not work. The result was exactly the same as with the replacement harness. My Skyline is version 1.1.

Tuukka

Sorry Tuukka, my brother in law is Finish, a sports photographer now living in Switzerland with my sister, but no excuse for missing the k in your name.

What happens when you plug tilt into the channel you control roll with?
I think you have a dead input.
Can you get a swap?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Tuukkuli

Hi Nic

That´s OK. What is the photo guy´s name? When I plug tilt into the channel I control roll with, nothing happens. No response to the stick input in that case either. This is also demonstrated on the video I linked.

If by swapping you mean I could get a replacement Skyline, no success at least until now. That´s why I am making this effort to try to prove Photohigher that there is possibly something wrong with my Skyline. I have offered to send the present one either to New Zealand or to France to 1001copters with my own expense off course but all quiet on the New Zealand front.

Thanks,
Tuukka

nicwilke

I think your skyline could be faulty, Tuukka.
Brother in law is Tero Repo, shoots for many ski and snowboarding magazines all over Europe and Finland.

Sl4uGh7eR

Hi there, i'm going to test 1.7b1 firmware now, but i have question about AUX Switch feature. Where the hell i have aux switch input in Skyline Harness?

Macsgrafs

I know you're having a terrible time Ross, but if you start mocking me now, I'm Gonna get ****ty

WTF!!! No one is mocking you Nic, all i want to know is if I'm jumping out of the frier into the frying pan...I want to know what the new anomalties are?

I installed 1.7beta, reset everything back to factory defaults...both roll & tilt servos reading 1500. But no matter what I do they keep on rolling :(

We have been squat by PH as to what the differences are between v1.2 & v1.7beta?????

vip

WTF!!! No one is mocking you Nic, all i want to know is if I'm jumping out of the frier into the frying pan...I want to know what the new anomalties are?

I installed 1.7beta, reset everything back to factory defaults...both roll & tilt servos reading 1500. But no matter what I do they keep on rolling :(

We have been squat by PH as to what the differences are between v1.2 & v1.7beta?????

ross, just my 2 cents, there is something else going on with your constant rolling problems.
I have used 1.2 .. 1,6 ( not happy with that one) I just installed 1.7 beta and none of them "keep rolling"
both of my roll & tilt servos readings are int he 3000's... and it is quite stable and level on the bench.
Only real test I did last night was to yaw the copter on the bench and watch for roll which I did not see any.
are you centering your servos correctly? I would imagine so , but I ask because I have never seen a number out of the 3000 range.

tombrown1

I will second vip here. The only real problem I've ever had from rsgs is that it won't hold level - especially on a pan. Now that's a pretty big problem.

But I have never had a software crash or constant roll or several other problems people are describing.

TB