Photohigher skyline rsgs

chicolima

Hi Helifish, I'm in BRAZIL and would like to have a picture of your set up. I have a Skyline too. Can you do it for us OR is it a secret?
Sincerely,
Chico Lima.

Efliernz

Pete
Question time - I have the rsgs fitted and working but I cannot set a roll limit.
I have it set 25/25 deg but it will roll as far as the copter can go. When I flipped the hexa the other night, the mount tried to keep up and made coffee grinder noises... not good!

So - it is set in the software to 25/25 (and saved).

Pete

SamaraMedia

Looks pretty good Nic, only noticed a slight tilt to the horizon on the very end of the clip. I'm getting closer to testing my rsgs but still trying to figure out my power source setup. Ken has given me a couple of suggestions now I just need to get more stuff, like a BEC to send power to the servos.

Let me know if what I'm planning is correct. I'm thinking about putting a BEC off my PDB then using a y connector for the two servos.

This is one of the bugs already reported to PH and still unsolved. Limits work only as a limit to the travel you can do with the radio. Compensation can override them and do any damage that servo power, current and attitude allow.

Question time - I have the rsgs fitted and working but I cannot set a roll limit.
I have it set 25/25 deg but it will roll as far as the copter can go. When I flipped the hexa the other night, the mount tried to keep up and made coffee grinder noises... not good!

So - it is set in the software to 25/25 (and saved).

Pete

Efliernz

Pete
This is one of the bugs already reported to PH and still unsolved. Limits work only as a limit to the travel you can do with the radio. Compensation can override them and do any damage that servo power, current and attitude allow.

Oh great... thanks. I'll to flip less :)

lanzo

Oh great... thanks. I'll to flip less :)

Setup the compensation switch and disable the compensation when you flip or crash :)

Be careful, if you move the camera when the switch is off, when you switch on it will do all the previous movements at full speed, another problem to fix in the software

Anyone using PAN compensation? How can I setup it when the PAN cable is used by the PC software?!

andrewrob

Setup the compensation switch and disable the compensation when you flip or crash :)

Be careful, if you move the camera when the switch is off, when you switch on it will do all the previous movements at full speed, another problem to fix in the software

Anyone using PAN compensation? How can I setup it when the PAN cable is used by the PC software?!

The computer cable is the pan input connection (from your tx) so you can tune the compensation whilst connected to the computer.

rcmike

Is the Aux connection supposed to do anything currently? I hooked it up to the gear channel and I can use it to turn off the stabilization but then it won't turn back on. My landing gear is attached to my gimbal so I would like to be able to turn the pan off until I take off to keep it from spinning on the ground.

Well, yes, it is supposed to turn compensation and control off and on (yes, ON too). I suggest you to play a bit with the aux channel throws from the radio.

Is the Aux connection supposed to do anything currently? I hooked it up to the gear channel and I can use it to turn off the stabilization but then it won't turn back on. My landing gear is attached to my gimbal so I would like to be able to turn the pan off until I take off to keep it from spinning on the ground.

SamaraMedia

After walking away and sleeping on it I think I figured out how to power my RSGS so if someone can tell me if I'm thinking correctly or not that would be great. It looks like I can plug my CC BEC, set at 6v, into the Pan Servo cable to power the unit, I have the BEC solder into the PDB of my F550. Now the PhotoHigher Setup Guide states:
I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to power up my RSGS. Your manual states:

The Skyline can be powered through the receiver connection. The Skyline must be supplied from a power source that is independent of the flight system and does not exceed 6.5 Volts. Lithium 2S batteries are not suitable unless going through a 5V or 6V voltage regulator.
If you want to control the gimbal from the flight control receiver you must remove the red power pins from the receiver inputs on the skyline cable. Power the skyline from its own power source through an unused receiver input. If you don’t do this the servos may draw more current than the flight controller or receiver can supply and put your whole machine at risk.

I have a few questions here - Power the skyline from its own power source through an unused receiver input. Is a receiver input the same as an input cable from the RSGS?

If you want to control the gimbal from the flight control receiver you must remove the red power pins from the receiver inputs on the skyline cable. I do plan to use my main flight control to manually control the tilt using the Aux 1 port on my Spektrum AR8000. I was planning on using the tilt input cable to do this. Do I need to remove the red power wire from this cable?

I feel so close to getting this up and running but I don't want to make toast out of the unit without some confirmation I'm on the right path.

Thanks all,

John

SamaraMedia

Well, I seem to have figured out all my issues in the previous post. Finally have the unit working but I'm not able to setup the tilt to be manually adjusted on my TX using the Aux1 knob on my DS7x. Not sure which cable from the RSGS unit I should be plugging into the AR8000 rx. Weather looks fair enough to give a little test of the unit as is this afternoon.

John

SamaraMedia

WOW! All I can say is WOW! After struggling to figure out the connections for the past two days I have to say that if this indoor test is any indication of what this unit can do? Looking forward to testing outdoors tomorrow. Camera is the Sony HDR-CX580 video cam, 60fps. Thanks to nicwilke, RTRyder for giving me a few points in PM's and for all those on the Multirotor forum RSGS thread for their added knowledge of tuning this baby. And thank you the PhotoHigher for their continued support and effort to make this product work this well.

http://vimeo.com/55418125

John

Last edited by a moderator: