Photo-Higher, LTD Gimbal Giveaway, Let the voting begin!!

Pick your favorite photo from the seven displayed in the first post of this thread.

• Photo 1

Votes: 47 19.9%
  • Photo 2

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Photo 3

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Photo 4

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • Photo 5

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Phot 6

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • Photo 7

Votes: 11 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

When u click on a photo to have a look you seem to vote then, I can find no other place to vote.So clicking on the photo is voting. Then I voted for the first one by defult.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
When u click on a photo to have a look you seem to vote then, I can find no other place to vote.So clicking on the photo is voting. Then I voted for the first one by defult.

?????

The top of the first page has voting buttons, immediately before the photos. Return there after checking the pics. The voting buttons disappear when you vote, to be replaced with the current distribution of votes so far.

berkely

Thank's for the reminder, I need to check-in more often but life goes really fast :)

As usual a great initiative & great price! I gave my vote, very remarkable pictures, love them! I really love the one in the snow & the one with the newspaper, really great!

?????

The top of the first page has voting buttons, immediately before the photos. Return there after checking the pics. The voting buttons disappear when you vote, to be replaced with the current distribution of votes so far.
\
\
That is a shame.When I went there following the link sent to me,the first thing I saw was the poll result coloured bars. So I guess I had voted before I got there. Then when I rolled down there was never any buttons to vote with just pictures to click on. never mind.?????

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
\
\
That is a shame.When I went there following the link sent to me,the first thing I saw was the poll result coloured bars. So I guess I had voted before I got there. Then when I rolled down there was never any buttons to vote with just pictures to click on. never mind.?????

did you log in before attempting to vote? if you are not logged in then you won't be able to see the pictures or the voting option.

Bartman

Sorry folks, been running around most of the morning. With the poll closed and the masses having been heard I think we can finally say that we have a winner!

Congratulations to Mr. IrisAerial, the purveyor of photo #4. With his win he can choose his prize from PhotoHigher's line of AV camera mounts.

THank you to everyone that entered, to our finalists for waiting out today's announcement, and especially to Photo Higher, LTD for their generous support of the site and sponsorship of the contest!

Check out Photo Higher's line of aerial camera rigs at www.photohigher.co.nz

Cheers!
Bart

Bartman

Would everyone please identify your photos? Feel free to post them here and explain your planning/flying/shooting.

Photo #1 took me by surprise and it was one of the ones I voted for in our process to pick the finalists. I wasn't expecting the cameras to be placed up above the copter and shooting down towards the pilot. The setting was very nice and so was the set-up of the shot.

Photo #2 was the second one that was submitted, the first was a test shot that the pilot/photographer decided to share with me. I love this pic for a couple of reasons first being the colors of the sky/clouds, trees, and the parts of the helicopter. I also like the way it looks like the pilot is a mad scientist of some sort trying to train his helicopter to fly.

Photo #3 was a finalist because it took the helicopter element and put it someplace completely different from where we normally see them.

Photo #4 struck me as the picture that probably took the most effort to produce and a good amount of thought to plan out. I don't normally read the paper at that location with my underwear still around my waist so maybe a few points should have been deducted for not going the full monty in public. it won though so it must have appealed to our members......that didn't sound right!

Moving right along to #5,nice shot, nice background, interesting use of reflection to make the shot fit the rules

Photo #6, THis pic was just cool in the posture of the pilot, the fact that it's not immediately evident how the rules/requirements have been met until you see his toes pointing forward at the very bottom, plus the props in the heli give it an edgy kind of feel like it was produced intentionally to have that look (maybe it was but I'd guess it was a bonus when the shoot was finished, no?)

Photo #7, another interesting way to get compliance with the rules. nice colors, complete capture of the helicopter in the small lenses of the goggles, cool photo all around.

That's it from me. Feel free to present your entries and we'll see who did what.

Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Awesome! I have never won anything my whole life. I was pretty sure i would win the last contest for the DJI being as though i put my wife's life in danger hanging her upside down from my forklift. :)

So how does this work? What are the options. AV200 or 130 or anything that they make?

Thanks MRF and PH.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Well done dude. Mine was photo number one, taken in a local park on a very very cold day. I tried doing some with a mirror first but it never came out right, so I went for plan B and attached the camera to a metal pole that I hastily taped to one of the legs and expertly bent to get the right angle. My feet had gone completely numb by the time I was finished. Well, I say finished but I actually crashed into the tree in the shot shorty after so I was lucky to get the picture. :)

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Well done Iris ,great entry ,as were all the finalists.
Thanks to Bart and our sponsors for another great comp:)

J3Cub

Hey,
Although I didnt make the top 7, I figured I would post my pictures here anyway. My idea was to simply go up on my roof, launch my quadcopter, and take some pictures of myself with the shadow of the quad on my house. It ended up being very windy on the day that I took the pictures, so it was very tough to hold my homemade kk quadcopter steady while not falling off of my roof! ;) I was planning on catching the quad but i didnt want to risk it so i put it down on the ground. Kind of tough flying below yourself and judging where the ground is at. I did manage to get quite a few pictures that at least i think are cool. Anyway, congrats to the winner!
Tucker
View attachment 3389View attachment 3393View attachment 3394View attachment 3390View attachment 3391View attachment 3392

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 358
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 318
  • GOPR4849.jpg
    GOPR4849.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 244
  • GOPR4857.jpg
    GOPR4857.jpg