One Motor Stops

Seadog

Had and issue just crop up. No.2 motor after a min or two stops. I replaced motor, replaced esc resoldered wires etc. yet after around 1 min. of running the motor quits. I was about 5 ft. in the air and it flipped and hit the street breaking one arm. Replaced arm and I flew it in the yard over snow so if issue would not break anything. I had timer on TX going. Was about 4 mins into flight and did the same. So I replaced motor with same model and esc also. This time I didn't want to take a chance so just armed and kept it on the ground not going up. Same thing. No.2 quit but this time after about 1 min. of running. I reflashed the firmware just to be sure. Kinda of at a loss as to what could cause it. Naza pointed in right direction, wires on right connections right way, red wire disconnected from all. At a loss right now. Seemed to have been flying nice in the past.

Seadog

Well I swapped out motors. umm nada same so then I swapped out esc's all of them. Same. I'm ready to shoot the naza controller but think umm ok I have an old same model motor sitting in drawer. What the heck maybe give it a try. Swapped the crappy motor and bam it works. The motor that kept shutting down turns smooth as butter and can't see any wires loose etc. Go figure. Will play with it this way then later order some sunnysky motors to try. Two year warranty on them and good bearings. Hate being down and on my own.

Jaggi76

I have done exactly the same, also tried switching out the engines and esc. I can get to motor to spinup, if provoke it use my hand tomake it spin faster. But it is not a reliable solution. Had a crash the other day, where it just fell from the sky. I am sure it is the engine problem that was the reason for the strange behavior. I am starting to think it might be a firmware issue with DJI.

It really annoys me, because I was so happy with system, but now I don't trust it 100%. Hope DJI will send out some information regarding the problem or make firmware update to fix it.

Seadog

Well all this happened to me also after a firmware upgrade. Was thinking could be it but not sure. Sent an email to DJIUSA days ago asking about it but no reply. I have been overly pleased with this controller but stuff like this does make you not trust it. If a firmware glitch then fine let us know. Or just keep us updated. Not looking for nothing free or replaced just looking for info. Is it me, is it my hardware, is it the controller?? To many variables that can affect it.