Odd loss of control mid flight

plingboot

I've been doing the first few low level test flights with the Phantom 2 and H3-2D and have been having the same issue with each flight.

After between 5:30-7:00 mins in the air it'll begin to yaw and wallow, loosing altitude as it goes.

The first time it happened i was at head hight and i had to fight it to avoid a bad landing. Since then (two packs this afternoon) i've been flying at about 3 feet.

The issue happens in both Atti and GPS mode, but the GPS mode issue seems harder to recover from.

Looking at my in flight telemetry the pack voltage is at 11v.

After each incident, i've managed to relaunch and hover around, without issue until the first voltage warning - I'm getting a total of 11mins before that happens.

Wonder if anyone can help?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've been doing the first few low level test flights with the Phantom 2 and H3-2D and have been having the same issue with each flight.

After between 5:30-7:00 mins in the air it'll begin to yaw and wallow, loosing altitude as it goes.

The first time it happened i was at head hight and i had to fight it to avoid a bad landing. Since then (two packs this afternoon) i've been flying at about 3 feet.

The issue happens in both Atti and GPS mode, but the GPS mode issue seems harder to recover from.

After each incident, i've managed to relaunch and hover around, without issue until the first voltage warning - I'm getting a total of 11mins before that happens.

sounds like a weak ESC, warming up and then beginning to fail mid flight. any of the motors feel tight? any way to get hands on the the ESC's very quickly after a blinky flight?

ILoveMyDrone27

I agree with Bartman, you may want to get your esc's replaced. I know if you go to Dronefly.com they do repair services and could do that for you! They charge $100 for service. In addition, they will be able to diagnose exactly what is wrong with your Phantom. They repaired my Phantom and were fantastic!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Video it and send it back for a replacement.

Dave

plingboot

thanks for the input…

going to do a couple more packs this afternoon, which I'll film.

I do however suspect there'll be issues when i attempt to get a replacement… :upset: