Not able to fly after firmware update, Help!

Lupoella

Hi, after a perfect experience with my unit (octocopter s802) I updated the firmware and I can not fly.

This is what is happening, I connect the unit, everything seems normal, in attitude mode, I get the yellow LED constant signals, I do the startup TX gesture, it starts the motors for a few seconds AND THEN I GET SEVERAL BLUE SIGNALS ON THE LED. I do the gesture again, I can briefly lift the unit, and then the LED turns RED, and it forces the unit to land.

According the the manual, I have to reboot the Main Controller (MC), I do so, by unplugging the battery; I have repeated this gesture several times, and I have the same problem. I assumed rebooting the MC was to unplug the batteries, and restart the unit.

Nothing is working. Any suggestions?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I assume you followed the WKM Assistant instruction which requires a complete system reconfiguration following a firmware upgrade. Not sure if the magnetic calbration is also required.

Lupoella

I did, calibrated TX, and that was all it requested. I Will have to adjust gain...the problem is, I can not fly.

VINHEX

If you get really stuck You can reset the WKM by connecting M5 & M6 together, then connect assistant software to re upgrade.. I've done this on a firmware crash resets the whole lot... Reference dji support call...

mitsaras

wow Vin, this is a very useful bit of info (hopefully will not need it...!!!) - I can't remember seeing this tip before, thanks!

Muunk

If you get really stuck You can reset the WKM by connecting M5 & M6 together, then connect assistant software to re upgrade.. I've done this on a firmware crash resets the whole lot... Reference dji support call...

Can you tell precisly how to do this?

VINHEX

All powered off.. Connect M5 and M6 using one of the TX leads.. Connect USB lead to WKM and PC.. Power up multi and assistant should say download software. Once download is complete, disconnect battery, charge leads back to how they were ie M5 M6 connected to motors.. And power up again..

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD