No video on my FPV setup. Need advice

I'm new to the FPV world, and bought a 5.8ghz set up. I have everything connected, and all that shows up on my screen is a blank greyish screen. I'm able to view the setup menu from my camera on the screen and hear sounds from the mic, but no video shows up. Does anyone have any clue what might be going on? I'm thinking it might be a faulty camera or transmitter. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Here is my setup:
RMRC-540N Camera
Immersion RC DuoDiversity 5800v2 receiver
600mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter (IRC5.8-600MW)

Attachments

• IMG_4789.jpg
    IMG_4789.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4787.jpg
    IMG_4787.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4786.jpg
    IMG_4786.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 289

did you take the cap off the camera?

is that a 5 volt camera?

Hehe, Yes i removed the cover.

I believe it's a 5V. I'm running it off a 2C lipo. Here's the specs if that helps you help me at all. Thanks for lookin Kloner!

• 1/3" Sony Super HAD color CCD sensor.
  • Industry standard composite video output.
  • Pixels PAL: (H)752x(V)582; NTSC: (H)768x(V)494
  • 540 TV-line resolution.
  • Minimum Illumination 0.5 Lux/ Day: 0.5Lux; Night(BW): 0.05Lux
  • Standard f3.6mm optic lens.
  • OSD menu for setting camera parameters.
  • Integrated line-level microphone.
  • RCA equipped A/V cable.
  • 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC Power Jack.
  • 1.3 ounce (36 grams).
  • Micro Size, 1.2 (H) x 1.2 (W) Inch [30 x 30mm].
  • 12VDC ±10% 100mA

That's a 12 volt camera.

Also, make sure you vtx and rx are sinc'd to the same channel.

Thanks Tomstoy2. I've changed the channel on the receiver to see which ones synced with my transmitter. Again, all I could get to show up on the screen is the camera menu, indicating to me it was synced, unless I'm wrong on that one. I appreciate all the suggestions so far! Hoping I'm just missing something small, instead of having to buy a new camera, transmitter, or worse...a receiver.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, you got a mess here

take the red and black wire from cam to the vtx off...... hook the cameras red and black along with the vtx small plug red and black and hook all that straight to a 3s lipo.......... then see how she works for ya.

the cam red and black wire like it is hooked up now is only for 5volt cams

Razzil

Kloner, you're full of knowledge, I'll give you that for sure, that was wicked, I over-looked that until you mentioned it.
maverick925, I hope you figure it out ... I'm due to get one of those cameras soon ... I'll remember not to make the lens cap mistake.