Newbie with f550 and WKM , I ´m very lost!!

rojocinco

Hi, I´m very lost with my new kit F550 , WKM controller and all another things . Is there any site where learn Step by step?

rojocinco

i need to know all, I don´t know anything about this world. How to mount, how to configure, programing. I only know how to pay for the equipment (I did it) and what that I want to do with it. How to start?

rojocinco

Now I have questions:

In the last video you posted the man talks in 12:55 about two pair of wires to connect to the battery, but I don´t have this wires and connectors , It didn´t come with my F550 and WKM kits. I only have 2 wires without connectors like these:
View attachment 5021

The man talks about a a 4mm bullet connexions for these cables:

View attachment 5022

and another kind of connexion that I can´t reach to understand (I´m spanish):

View attachment 5023

My batteries have the follow connectors that I think could be the first one 4mm bullet type compatible and another multipin white connector:
View attachment 5024

Could you tell me how can I solve this problem , please? I stay stopped here.....

Attachments

• Battery wires.JPG
    Battery wires.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Captura de pantalla 2012-07-06 a la(s) 04.29.28.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2012-07-06 a la(s) 04.29.28.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Captura de pantalla 2012-07-06 a la(s) 04.30.09.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2012-07-06 a la(s) 04.30.09.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Battery connectors.jpg
    Battery connectors.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 207

Bison52

Unfortunately, when you get your RTF kit, you're still little ways from being ready to fly. There's all kinds of little things you need. As far as your batteries, they come with different kinds of connectors and you need to decide what one kind you want for your system.

Then you're probably going to have to solder connectors onto your batteries, get/or make a charging cable with the right connector to hook your battery to your charger and make a cable with the right connector to solder onto the main pads on your copter so you can plug your battery in there

By the way, that small white plug you are holding is the balance plug. It plugs into your charger so the charger can read each cell in the battery and balance them as it charges.

I personally like XT60 connectors but there are a lot of different ones. The XT60 is fairly easy to solder a wide range of wire gauges to, it connects solidly and it's shrouded -- the male and female parts of the plugs are covered so it's a lot harder to accidentally short one out and kablooie goes your battery.

Check out ProgressiveRC's website. Some good info there including how to videos and Dave is always willing to make recommendations on what you need.

You probably don't want to hear this but a friend was recently inspecting my hexa (first build) and asked me how long it took me to build it. I told him about 5 weeks because I was always realizing there was one more little thing I needed and having to order it

But I also told him that if he wanted me to build him a complete F550 I could probably do it now in a Saturday afternoon because I have a whole cabinet of all the bits and pieces I didn't know I needed at first

Take heart, once you slog through this, you'll know your machine far better than if you had bought a copter somebody else built for you. And the first time you have to make repairs after a crash (and you will) you'll be glad you went through the steep leaning curve at first.

Mike

VINHEX

Mike is correct, I received the same two wires showing in your first pic, you need to solder these on and choose which connectors you require. Before doing that also check about connecting the NAZA I ended up soldering the two connectors on as well your pic two. Sounds confusing but it will come all clearer. It can take time it, took me a week of evenings to go through double check what I was doing, and I'm learning all about setups batteries ect. Great people in the forum all helpful and have a vast knowledge.

Vin

If you are brand new to the rc world I would highly recommend you do your homework and learn all you can in regards to lipo batteries before you attempt to go fly. As Bison stated, Dave has all you need from balancers, chargers, connectors and parallel harnesses. Do not take this part lightly as lipos can be very, very dangerous if not handled correctly. Pick yourself up a lipo bag for charging and a vented strong box for storing and transporting.

Stuff you need not in the kit:

soldering kit, solder, dremel, batteries, connectors, extra wiring, radio tx and rx, charger, balancer(a must), power supply. There's other stuff too but this is the basics.

But please, learn all you can about batteries before you attempt to fly.

rojocinco

My lippo charger

Off course, I gonna take my time, going step by step , when I have a doubt I ask, when I have the answer I continue.
First step: building the machine point to point , learning all about each component.
2nd step: to power the machine and test, learning about batteries , charging and testing without propellers in the motors.
View attachment 5039
3nd step: learning about controller transmiter, I have bought a Graupner mx 20 -Hott, great transmiter but very complex.
4th step: Programing the machine (learn to)
5th step: To pray all that I know and try first flight without camera and gimbal.
6th step: after corrections needed on the flight test , learn about gimbal and how to attach an control . my gimbal is an Alware V2 330/500X, and at first look I can see a problem to attach it to the F550.

So we will talked here very very long...
Thanks for all

Attachments

• Lippo cgarger gear.jpg
    Lippo cgarger gear.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 235

rojocinco

New questions

I have a new question about receiver, I have a Graupner SJ Hott GR-24 2,4Ghz receiver for my Graupner MX20-hott transmiter-controller. I have read in the manual thats the receiver get the power from any servo port but I don´t know I f do I have to plug an additional battery to any port or if the MC Dji MKV gives the power through it´s connections. Could you solve my doubt, please?
This is my receiver:

View attachment 5067

Attachments

• Receiver.jpg
    Receiver.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 224

rojocinco

Now I have made a short take off, but the multicopter went up and moving forward slowly , It wash´t quiet in the air like I hoped. Any recommendation to fix that, please? Tomorrow I will try again to see what is happening

VINHEX

At what height did you go, was it windy, there are a lot of equations to take in. The WKM hovering accuracy as in manual .5 +- Mtr Vertical and 2 +-Mtr Horizontal, so if less than .5 then it may well hop as you say. If moving forward double check calibration on COG as well as controller, could be just needs a little trim on the transmitter.

Vin

rojocinco

Ok , I was only 1 meter height , it was a very short test in the street near home to see all works fine, this weekend I will try in open range. Thanks for the answer.

hjls3

rojocinco - make sure you give her a go in atti mode. she will be much more docile. once you get the hang of things, then give the manual mode a try. i apologize if this is stuff you already know. best of luck. you will soon be addicted and have a mad girlfriend and a fleet of MR's :)