Newbie FPV info...

SkyDyno

Having been given some excellent advice (thanks Carapau) I've decided on the fatshark/immersionRC 250mw transmitter for my FPV.

I have 2 options for the receiver:-

a. get a corresponding receiver and separate screen,

b. get a screen with the receiver built in.

option a. ImmersionRC UNO5800 Single -90dBm Receiver, cloverleaf antenna, screen...

Anyone with any experience with this receiver? Can anyone recommend a screen?

option b. Something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261395553763?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 , replacing one antenna with a cloverleaf and one with a patch antenna.

I'm hoping for some general discussion so that I can make an informed choice, pros, cons and personal experiences..

Once again, thank you all in advance for your insight and time.

:)

kloner

Aerial DP
immersion tx aren't compatible with many rx so to answer your question they won't work together. when i see

5.8GHZ 32 Channel AV Receiver

that looks like the boss brand stuff. usually the seperate component setups are gonna work a little better. you get the cases to help reduce noise between the system. I'd get uno and one of there 7-8" monitors they have at the fpv shops.

this is the vtx you would use with that monitor i believe. double check, but for sure it is incompatible with immersion or it'd say it works with it

http://aerialmediapros.com/store/fpv-items/404-32-ch-58-ghz-digital-tx-600mw.html

SkyDyno

Thanks for your reply, Kloner....

Bit more confused, tbh. On my option b. the screen is advertised as being able to receive various frequencies... Band F, in thier list, shows the same frequencies as the transmitter so I don't understand....

The screen listed is just an example. I can see and understand the advantages of a single system. But I can also see why individual components make sense, too.

kloner

Aerial DP
the same channel numbers isn't the same as the same modulation. Email them and ask if it is compatible with immersion video tx's..... they use airwave modulation like stinger.

everything else uses that chineese modulation. i have like 10 of the vtx you bought, used them for 2 years now, you need matching rx/tx

cootertwo

Well, just to jump into this discussion. I recently, and my mistake, bought a pair of the sorta new SkyZone goggles. I had been looking at FPV stuff for quite awhile, and decided to go with the more expensive item, instead of what I usually do, and start with the cheapo's, and work my way up $$$. However, it wasn't until after my order had shipped, that I realized the SkyZone's do not come with a TX, camera, no batteries, etc. Goggles, period. Soooo, I ordered a 600mw Immersion TX. Got it all hooked up with a fat shark 600 camera, and was totally disappointed with the image. Then bought the required harness, and connected it up to my gopro 3 black. OK, now I was able to fly around in my back yard FPV. Pretty cool, but still a bit less than I expected. Soooo, after reading about Immersion TX's apparently not working well with the SkyZone (boscam?) goggles, I ordered one of these, (http://aerialmediapros.com/store/fpv-items/404-32-ch-58-ghz-digital-tx-600mw.html) from a different company. Got it all hooked up yesterday, and the video is WORSE than the Immersion! Tried all the different channel selections. Video seems just a wee bit better, but I now have horizontal lines, top to bottom. I'm running the TX off of a seperate battery, so no power feedback there. Confused, yes, disappointed, yes, wallet getting thinner, yes, still having fun, yes.

kloner

Aerial DP
yours sounds like interference, usually it's in the build, bad connection, noisy electronics, just not seperated right, etc.

heres what my links look like, all i have is examples of 2.4 but it just has less resolution and more range than the 5.8. We use 5.8 at work, my cameraman looks through it every day framing shots.

if it doesn't work like that your doing something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyDyno

Kloner - OK, I understand better, thanks. Leaving the Chinese stuff alone :)

Next question, 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz ?

kloner

Aerial DP
you need seperation between your rc and video signals, if you fly 2.4 you must use 5.8, 1.2, etc. if you move that to 72 or 433 mhz for flight control it opens up the 2.4 for video. Difference is 5.8 has better resolution with more color detail but doesn't penetrate well, 2.4 penetrates and still has alot of res left to see details, 1.2 starts getting too blurry for my old eyes.. 1.2 and 1.3 seem to interfere with sattelites more so i'd stay clear of that if you use a gps puck, takes forever to never locks in enough sats to work

SkyDyno

Fatshark/ImmersionRC 600mw Tx, UNO5800 Rx

or

Boscam [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TS352 Tx, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RC805 Rx[/FONT]

Go with immersion kit, I used boscam for a year with non stop static and signal loss.
I've just spent £400 on immersion kit and I'm very happy with it, yet to test the range with this weather we are having in the UK.
Might get a submarine lol