Need Help! Newbie build.

Ender211

Newbie here. Finished my first build, and came across something crazy. I went out for my maidentity flighthe and my quad flipped. Okay maybe my props were on wrong. nope. Happened again. Interesting, put it on the puter and noticed my motors 1 and 2 gain throttle on their own. full details = I'm running half a robocat 270 frame with an alien pdb, kiss fc and esc's, lumenier 2206 motors and lumenier 4s batterys. And last Friday finally received my taranis plus. I played with the endpoints and trim a bit, but that had no effect. I'm asking for any help.

Newbie here. Finished my first build, and came across something crazy. I went out for my maidentity flighthe and my quad flipped. Okay maybe my props were on wrong. nope. Happened again. Interesting, put it on the puter and noticed my motors 1 and 2 gain throttle on their own. full details = I'm running half a robocat 270 frame with an alien pdb, kiss fc and esc's, lumenier 2206 motors and lumenier 4s batterys. And last Friday finally received my taranis plus. I played with the endpoints and trim a bit, but that had no effect. I'm asking for any help.

Hi,

First check that you have the ESCs connected in the right order, as seen in betaflight (or cleanflight).

Second, be sure you have the yaw orientation set correctly in betaflight according to how the flight controller sits in your drone (e.g. 90 degrees CCW). There should be an arrow on the flight controller showing which way is the front. If the arrow doesn't face front, you have to tell betaflight which way it is facing.

My hunch is that it is the yaw setting.

Ender211

Hi,

First check that you have the ESCs connected in the right order, as seen in betaflight (or cleanflight).

Second, be sure you have the yaw orientation set correctly in betaflight according to how the flight controller sits in your drone (e.g. 90 degrees CCW). There should be an arrow on the flight controller showing which way is the front. If the arrow doesn't face front, you have to tell betaflight which way it is facing.

My hunch is that it is the yaw setting.
But to go from 1100 to 1425 with out me even touching the throttle. that's just after turning it on.

After thinking about it for a bit, it doesnt make sense that it does it with props off if the drone is level. When you tilt it, you should see the motors react but when level it shouldn't do much. Are you confident the accelerometer has been calibrated while level and completely still?

Ender211

So this morning I ran the calibration like Chad did, and it fixed most of the problem. Now motor 4 is exhilarating from 1100 to 1200. Witch is a huge improvement but with 3 motors running 1100 and 1 at 1200 that could still be an issue right. I'm going to try for another calibration tonight and maybe even mess with the endpoints and trim again and see what happens.

Ender211

Well there mite be something else going on but I did have esc 1 stop on me last night so that mite be a cause

dtoys1jzmk3

It's more than likely your kiss fc. I've had two kiss fc's with the exact same issues you're experiencing. Tried new motors, esc's and a new freaking pdb but the only fix was ditching the kiss fc. My friend re flashed one of them but it still wouldn't work. When I would throttle up on the bench my motor signals on the kiss gui would be all over the place. I'd be at let's say 20% throttle on my transmitter but on the kiss gui it would show two or 3 or all 4 motors throttling up way past 20% on their own. I switched to the sp racing f3 flight controllers running the exact same gear as I did with the kiss fc and I had absolutely no issues.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk