New vTX and Antennas

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This is what I use instead of having a fixed ground station. Maybe it'll give you a few ideas for yours.

View attachment 1801View attachment 1802View attachment 1803

I clip my neck band to the transmitter and the whole thing hangs from there. The battery is a 3S (the three good cells from the four cell Vislero pack that I got with my first MK) Lipo for the Rx and my goggles have their own battery.

Bart

Attachments

• IMG_6757.jpg
    IMG_6757.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_6758.jpg
    IMG_6758.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_6759.jpg
    IMG_6759.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 340

Kilby

Nice set up, Bart. I'm working on something simular myself right now. I found a decent 7 inch monitor on amazon that I've added as well. I love flying in the goggles, but there are a lot of times when I would like to be able to bounce back and forth between LOS and FPV.

I'll post up a pic or two this weekend when I have some free time.

Bartman

terry,
check out Myvu #301 shades. they're discontinued but i find them on Craigslist for $50 usually in new condition. they're sunglasses on top and video screens below so you can keep your head pointed at the kopter and still alternate between LOS and FPV. i've tried the monitor but didn't love it.
cheers
bartman

Tahoe Ed

Those are very nice, especially for the price. I have a pair of the Vizux 920's and a pair of Headplay. I got the Headplay from Dell when they were closing them out for $99. Great isolation, but not my favorite. Someone mentioned a monocle set of goggles where you basically had a HUD on one eye and LOS on the other. I am thinking that might be the best of all worlds. Has anyone seen a posting or ad for something like this? My new receiver will be here on Friday so I can play with my Quad FPV. Can't wait.

kevinv033

Those are very nice, especially for the price. I have a pair of the Vizux 920's and a pair of Headplay. I got the Headplay from Dell when they were closing them out for $99. Great isolation, but not my favorite. Someone mentioned a monocle set of goggles where you basically had a HUD on one eye and LOS on the other. I am thinking that might be the best of all worlds. Has anyone seen a posting or ad for something like this? My new receiver will be here on Friday so I can play with my Quad FPV. Can't wait.

Good luck with your new Rx. What did you end up getting?

This is what I use instead of having a fixed ground station. Maybe it'll give you a few ideas for yours.

I clip my neck band to the transmitter and the whole thing hangs from there. The battery is a 3S (the three good cells from the four cell Vislero pack that I got with my first MK) Lipo for the Rx and my goggles have their own battery.

Bart

I like this. I am getting ideas...

Nice set up, Bart. I'm working on something simular myself right now. I found a decent 7 inch monitor on amazon that I've added as well. I love flying in the goggles, but there are a lot of times when I would like to be able to bounce back and forth between LOS and FPV.

I'll post up a pic or two this weekend when I have some free time.

What's the monitor? Care to share a link? I have an 19in Vizio that I occasionally use when letting people "go for a ride." I think that 7incher would be a nice addition to my backpack as a backup screen or to attach to your radio on a similar mount like Bartman shared.

Macsgrafs

Here's what my fiancee uses when cotrolling the camera, it could just as well be a MR aircraft as she uses a DX7:-
View attachment 1810

Its a carbonfibre/fibreglass tray, with sprung loaded metal arms that hook over her shoulders. The DX7 sits on the tray & to the left + right are arms rests/wrist rests. Under one of these rests is a velcroed 3S lipo, which feeds the 7"LCD monitor & also the camera receiver which is velcroed to the back of the monitor. She swears by it & has difficulty just using a neck strap.
Very similar to this tray:- http://transmittertray.com/

Excuse the lens quality...cheap canon 17-55 kit lens :(

Ross

Attachments

• kirsty_camera.jpg
    kirsty_camera.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Kevin, I got the one from ReadyMade RC that you showed me. I went out an flew my new build today. Flew 3 packs before I put it into a chain link fence. No damage, just a bent prop that I got back into shape. I should be flying again these weekend with my bigger quad and hopefully FPV. I will let you know how it works. Thanks for your help.

Tahoe Ed

I finally got my vTx and vRx to communicate with one an other. First was the incompatibility between the two, RC305 vRx's do not work with Immersion vTx's. Got that fixed with an Airwave vRx. Connect everything up with my BlueBeam cloverleaf antennas and nothing. Went back to the whip antennas and voila I have a picture. I went back on line to ReadyMadeRC where I bought the antennas and there is now a post regarding an issue between the BlueBeam and the Airwave vRx. Here is the post that shows how to correct it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18484051&postcount=786

Seems the Airwave supplies DC voltage to the antenna and the cloverleaf design says to the receiver that there is a short. By removing a SMD resistor, very small, had to use a magnifying glass and my head mounted magnifiers, it fixes the problem and now everything talks to each other. Be careful in removing the resistor, it is very small and there are three others right next to it. Now to get everything mounted up and go flying. Santa brought me 3 new 3S 2650mAh lipos for my Naza quad. If the wind is calm tomorrow it could be a perfect day to do a little fpv. Merry Christmas to those that tried to help and to those that just watched me flounder, Bah Humbug!. Not really I hope you had a great Christmas as well.

Bartman

glad it's working out for you Ed. it's such a relief when you finally get the picture to pop up from the receiver.
Bart

PapaRomeo

How did it perform? Did you get enough range?

I have used Lawmate 1.2GHz and those give me over 1 km range any day so what is the main reason for the 5.8GHz?

Tahoe Ed

I have not gone out far or up far. I am still testing my diversity antenna. Right now I am having some issues getting the Eagle Eye to commentate with my ELogger with OSD Pro and GPS. It appears that I have to go into the system via my RC Tx. I think this is a stupid solution in this day and age. You set everything else up via USB, why this. That being said, I am getting good video quality out of both my BlueBeam cloverleaf antenna along with the patch. Unfortunately the SNA connector came off the board and it appears to have taken the pads with it. I have an email into Tim are ReadyMade RC to see if he can help. It seems that all the 600mw vTx's are sold out everywhere. I was flying my friend around FPV so he could see the difference between the 600 and his 250 last weekend. There was a lot of difference. He also liked my SkiGoggle mod for my Vuzix 920's. More field of view than his FatSharks. Oh well, maybe next weekend when it is 100+.