New TX suggestions/issues naza m lite, remote shutter, gimbal control.

Rhodt20

Hi ive recently built a hexacopter with a friend of mine. The set up is using a s550 frame (smaller s800) with DJI e300 propulsion and naza m lite flight control. We binded a dji tx to it as there was one going free however i think it only has one spare channel which is currently being used to control the gimbal manually, my issue is i want to upgrade to a larger camera (Sony Nex-5r/t) with a 3 axis gimbal. Ive seen you can remotely trigger the shutter through a tx but would this require me to buy a new 8ch tx? and if so does anyone have a suggestion to which brand/model to get for this?

Cheers

Rhod

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are you talking about the Phantom Tx? If so, you'll definitely want to get one with more channels - especially for my type of camera control.

I have been really impressed and happy with my Frsky Taranis. Great features and a new way of thinking in terms of Tx setup and modification.

Good luck and fly safe.

Hi ive recently built a hexacopter with a friend of mine. The set up is using a s550 frame (smaller s800) with DJI e300 propulsion and naza m lite flight control. We binded a dji tx to it as there was one going free however i think it only has one spare channel which is currently being used to control the gimbal manually, my issue is i want to upgrade to a larger camera (Sony Nex-5r/t) with a 3 axis gimbal. Ive seen you can remotely trigger the shutter through a tx but would this require me to buy a new 8ch tx? and if so does anyone have a suggestion to which brand/model to get for this?

Cheers

Rhod

Probably you will want to look for more than 8 channels, right now I am using 7 channels; basic 4 Flight mode 1, IOC 1, pitch control 1. So if you have a 3axis gimbals, probably you will want to control more axis on the gimbals

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've got a solid setup for my NEX5 and remote triggering of photos and/or video using one 3-position switch.

Taranis TX
FrSky RX
Flytron sLED v2 - review here: http://goo.gl/rtloE4

Did you end up just assigning an open channel to a switch on Taranis to 3 positions? Or did you have to do anything else? I have one of these but I haven't really messed with it. Supposed to do the same thing though. Is there any other data that needs to be assigned?

thanks

mediaguru

Did you end up just assigning an open channel to a switch on Taranis to 3 positions? Or did you have to do anything else? I have one of these but I haven't really messed with it. Supposed to do the same thing though. Is there any other data that needs to be assigned?

thanks

All I did was assign it to an open 3 position switch. Up is photo. Down is video. If I leave it in the up position it will shoot a photo every 8-10 seconds. If I leave it in the down position it will shoot about 1 second of video every 8-10 seconds! So to shoot continuous video I flip it down and then back to middle. Then video is rolling. Then switch back down and immediately up to stop the recording. Photos is the same.

You have to keep your brain connected. It is definitely possible to lose track of whether you've turned the video on or off. You may be disabling it when in reality you're turning it on. You'll find out eventually!