New to the forums and was looking for some advice.

mangoats

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and was interested to hear some feedback. I have picked my first platform, but have not picked ESC's and Motors. I'm going to build a custom heavy lift for my application to carry about 5 lbs. I wanted to use very good components and try to buy USA made if possible. I came across this on one of the other forums and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=597239 they seem fairly hi end and this is what I'm looking for. Thanks,Chris

tombrown1

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and was interested to hear some feedback. I have picked my first platform, but have not picked ESC's and Motors. I'm going to build a custom heavy lift for my application to carry about 5 lbs. I wanted to use very good components and try to buy USA made if possible. I came across this on one of the other forums and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=597239 they seem fairly hi end and this is what I'm looking for. Thanks,Chris

I don't think you're going to find anybody with experience with them. They're still under pre-order, right? Look promising though. Right now T-motor is the most common high-end motor.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hi Mangoats and welcome to the forums. I wonder how this motor will compare to the T-Motor MN4014s?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Im very new to this hobby, but in my research I've come across T-Motors and Averoto for the high quality stuff. Some people feel SunnySky offer a quality product at a lower cost. I believe Averoto may be made in the USA. A member here (SleepyC) has done a great review of their heavy lift capabilities, and while I don't ever think I'll need to haul a gallon of water (9lbs) around, it's damn impressive to watch :)

I would love to hear people's thoughts on high quality ESCs. I ended up with basics from HK which I flashed to SimonK, but since I'd like to move to a BEC, I might as well make the jump to the best quality ESC at the same time.

Good luck with the build!

scott