New to FPV Need Equipment Suggestions

MTDCopter

I have a birthday coming up so the next thing I want to add to my 550 is FPV but do not know where to start.

My set up is
DJI 550
Naza V2
H3-2D with Gopro
Batt 4S 5500

Just looking for some suggestions.

Mark

SMP

Immersion 5.8ghz 600mw TX, Immersion Duo 5.8ghz RX - Ib Crazy Blue Beam Antennas for Short Range and a IB Crazy Helical for Longer range. :)

Rook33

Rook
A good place to start is by getting a complete setup like those sold as a set like the Attitude goggles with a camera and a vTx, basic but will get you FPVing at a reasonable cost and with reasonable performance.

Later you can play with antennas, different frequencies, better cameras, better goggles, diversity, tracking, etc, etc, etc.

This will get you going http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...m_w_Trinity_Head_Tracker_and_CMOS_Camera.html

Pete

@petedee thanks for posting this. Does this kit have everything needed to put FPV on your quad?

Rook33

Rook
Putting it in the simplest of terms, the basic components of a FPV system are, camera, transmitter for aircraft and receiver for headset, a headset, power (battery) for headset and the needed cables. Is there anything that I am missing to have a better understanding? Does the camera and or transmitter on the aircraft need a separate power system? Sorry for all the new guy questions.