New to flying rc

jbrumberg

Eric- I'd been flying quadcopters for about a year before I built the "Flying Cuisinart". Much of the support that I received in the building process I received here at this site.

This was the result of my maiden flight. I have had a few more since with a lot of damage. Nowadays I hardly ever crash, but if/when I do they are awesomely spectacular.

It's all part of the learning curve flightpath.

Attachments

• First Maiden HAL Crash 012.JPG
    First Maiden HAL Crash 012.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 380

I was lucky i didnt do more damage then i did. It crashed hard every time it crashed. I did have carbon fiber props on so i think that keep them from breaking. So i think i can straighting out the one arm and put my other landing gear on and it should be ready to fly again. The one thing i dont get is when i start to take off it just flys straight up till about 100 feet and would only hover in one spot for 4 sec before it starts to fly straight up again. The only thing i can think of is maybe yhe winf up there

jbrumberg

The wind is generally higher as one gains altitude. Rather than try to fly high which everyone wants to do first thing try to keep your P2 lower so you can see how your stick movements affect flight behaviors. Eyelevel flight worked for me.

Learning to hover manually takes some practice. Staying oriented takes even more practice.

Did you do the NAZA calibration dance and allow time for the flight controller to get sufficient satellite lock and warm up

Alwil

Since you have this copter 2nd hand, you may want to do an advanced flight controller
check using the Naza software. Seems like a controller problem. Also do the stick calibration.

The gps was locked on and in gps mode and yes i calibrated the compass. Is the naza software different from dji software? Also i did calibrate the sticks before i flew it and did an advance imu calibration