New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

Timtim

yes,DSLRPros have a mounting kit for the Z15, allowing unlimited movements of the camera, but they sell it only to people who buy their Connex kit from them. I don't know if it's a good or bad news for the rest of us who bought it somewhere else, but this is what I was told and reconfirmed by DSLRPros. :(
Can anyone confirm which pins to get power for the Connex from the Z15? Shouldn't be too hard to make my own Z15 mounting bracket. I can't quite make it out from the video screen grab.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 17.46.28.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 17.46.28.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 190

Cameraj

Has anyone tried running a 5.8 fpv with a fixed hard mounted camera for flight ,along with the hero camera with HD Connex at the same time?

Stratifier

Has anyone tried running a 5.8 fpv with a fixed hard mounted camera for flight ,along with the hero camera with HD Connex at the same time?
Not a hero for me (a GH4) but both co-exist and no trouble. On the 900, the 2 transmitters are about 20cm apart, and I don't have any problem. However, I noticed that if the receivers were too close to each other, I was loosing the connex. Amimon recommends to keep them as far apart as possible. They also say that the proximity could reduce the range.

Stratifier

What kind of field monitors are You guys using? I cannot get either of mine to work with Connex.
I use a feelworld 7" with 5.8 receiver integrated. first try I couldn't get the HDMI video signal, the connex was displaying "Video not detected". There is a "camera" button on the feelworld, been pressing it and the video came... (???) I guess what comes out of the GH4 is not always directly compatible.

henrysj

Is it possible to get a 2nd ground unit so both camera op and pilot can have separate monitors or are you still using 5.8 vtx for the pilot? Had a hunt around and couldn't find just a ground unit for sale

Skewp

I use a feelworld 7" with 5.8 receiver integrated. first try I couldn't get the HDMI video signal, the connex was displaying "Video not detected". There is a "camera" button on the feelworld, been pressing it and the video came... (???) I guess what comes out of the GH4 is not always directly compatible.

Could You give the model name or link to it?

Is it possible to get a 2nd ground unit so both camera op and pilot can have separate monitors or are you still using 5.8 vtx for the pilot? Had a hunt around and couldn't find just a ground unit for sale

http://www.globe-flight.de/Amimon-C...-Video-System-with-SBUS-for-Gimbals-Groundend

scotth

Come out of the RX into a short range Paralinx TX.. that gives you multiple untethered local monitors.

Come out of the RX into a short range Paralinx TX.. that gives you multiple untethered local monitors.

Hi scotth

Have you tested this? We tried it but it seems the paralinx interfered and severely reduced the range of the connex, good signal came back as soon as we turned off the arrow plus kit...

scotth

Not personally but was on a shoot recently with a crew that did it that way and it seemed to work well. Possibly reduced power setting requirement on the Connex where you are resulting in the signal down in the noise from the Paralinx?

maxwelltub

I'm going to suggest you don't do this because adding more wireless systems is just going to give another weak link in your chain for potential failure or headache. Hardware when possible, use a second RX when you can't run sdi cable