New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
Hi,

My Name is Shahar Keren and I'm a Customer Support Manager at AMIMON.
I've stumbled upon this forum, and I'm very pleased to see the traction around CONNEX!

Welcome,

It definitely seems to be a great concept and thank you for joining this forum, that helps immensely with customer support in my opinion.

Would it be possible to see a basic guide for setting up Tx antennas for best result? I think this would eliminate a lot of confusion. Also, are there any compatible high gain directional antennas on the market?

So, just to be clear - can the European version achieve the same range (i.e. full range) that the rest-of-the-world version after changing some settings?

Dylan M

Which Switch...
So, just to be clear - can the European version achieve the same range (i.e. full range) that the rest-of-the-world version after changing some settings?

It would appear you would have to run it in 'indoor' mode, which depending on your regulations would probably be illegal to run 'outside'. Not familiar with euro rulings but that's the way it sounds. The difference between 25mw and 200mw is significant.

axi

It would be
AMIMON does sell the Skylink 503, but only to OEMs/ re-sellers. Globe-flight may sell you a kit, but please note that the official range is 1600m.
Hi Shahar,
the video transmitter antennas seem directional. If you don't put them on a rotating gimbal to maintain the best orientation, it could hurt the performance. I am right?

Hi Axi,

The video transmitter uses OMNI directional antennas (not highly directive), while the video receiver of the sky503 uses directional antennas.

Thanks,
Shahar

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
My unit was supposed to be here Friday. Lovely DHL. The update said "Needs more address information". So I call DHL and the guy says we have this address and reads to me my proper address. I say, why yes sir, that address is correct. He says "The driver says the street and the house number do not exist". Um.... NO, WE DO EXIST!!!

I go on to tell him that not only does it exist, I have had tens if not hundreds of DHL packages delivered to me at this very address. He apologizes and says they would call me right back with more info... That was Friday at 3pm... since then nothing... :(

And now a holiday. Someone gonna have some splainin to do!!!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 1.14.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 1.14.21 PM.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 302

axi

Teeesttts! Anyone knows if Connex supports GoPro 120fps recording while transmitting in different fps?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Teeesttts! Anyone knows if Connex supports GoPro 120fps recording while transmitting in different fps?

I think the GoPro always sends 30 fps out the HDMI port regardless of what is going on with the recording.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi,

My Name is Shahar Keren and I'm a Customer Support Manager at AMIMON.
I've stumbled upon this forum, and I'm very pleased to see the traction around CONNEX!

I can also see the some of you had difficulties with the range of the system.
There can be different reasons for that (sub-optimal installation of the unit and antennas, non-LOS conditions, interference form other systems working on the 5GHz band, etc.). Furthermore, CONNEX systems bought in Europe comply with European regulations, thus the default configuration is that only the higher band is in use (5725MHz - 5875MHz), with low output power of 25mW.
Using the CONNEX management tool, you can change the configuration to 'indoor', when working indoors, and boost the output power to 200mW. You can also change the configuration to 'stability boost'.

All this information, and many more useful articles and videos can be found in the CONNEX support center.

I would also like to invite you to share your thoughts, suggestions and experiences using CONNEX using our community page, where we'll be able to provide quick replies.

last but not least, if you have any issue you need help with, I would like to invite you to use our support team, which is always at your disposal through tickets, chats and phone calls. All available at AMIMON support center.

Regards,
Shahar

Shahar,

Thanks for joining us here, it's always great to see reputable vendors that will participate in an open forum to support their products.

If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to contact me either via a new thread or via the private conversations feature of the site.

Bart

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Expected Results

The GoPro HERO4 cameras can output a max format of 1080/60 through the micro HDMI port, so if you're set in 4K, 2.7K, or 1440, the output resolution to the monitor or third party device will be 1080 at 60Hz.

The expected output signal is also dependent on the input device's supported input formats. If the HDTV monitor or device you're connecting to supports a maximum input of 1080/60p, the GoPro will want to output at highest input setting that best matches its video setting. Even if the camera's video resolution is set to 960-60, you're expected to see a 1080 resolution image with the 4:3 aspect ratio that 960 provides.

Most HDTV monitors support 720/60p and 1080/60p, so if you're set at the 720 resolution or lower, the expected output should be 720/60p. If you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher, the expected output should be 1080/60p. If your monitor or device supports an input of 1080/30p, and you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher at 30fps, then you should expect an output of 1080/30. Higher frame rates like 120 and 240 will default to 60Hz, since they are integers of 60.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
Yea, I can vouch for the GP 3 Black always puts out 1080/60 regardless what you have it recording...

Does the Tx take 6s input?

axi

Hi,

Check this article about supported resolutions.
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en...-Which-video-resolutions-does-CONNEX-support-

Have fun with the new CONNEX!

Regards,
Shahar
Hi Shahar, I have done some test and they seem somewhat directional... but it's ok.
Regarding to the air ground unit configuration in the manual states:

The Spectrum per Region dropdown menu appears for CONNEX units used in Europe and Japan. This dropdown menu provides different options for your selection, as follows:  In Europe, select either 5.8 GHz, 25mW or 5 GHz, 200mW, Ground use.  In Japan, select either Indoor or Outdoor

In my unit only appears Indoors or outdoors, for Japan the maximum EIRP it's 100mw. ( I'm not in Japan!!! )

¿And what if I'm in the US? ¿What determines the options listed there?

I HIGHLY suspect that the USA version have more tx power.. due to 1W limit by FCC... BUMMER.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Shahar, I have done some test and they seem somewhat directional... but it's ok.
Regarding to the air ground unit configuration in the manual states:

The Spectrum per Region dropdown menu appears for CONNEX units used in Europe and Japan. This dropdown menu provides different options for your selection, as follows:  In Europe, select either 5.8 GHz, 25mW or 5 GHz, 200mW, Ground use.  In Japan, select either Indoor or Outdoor

In my unit only appears Indoors or outdoors, for Japan the maximum EIRP it's 100mw. ( I'm not in Japan!!! )

¿And what if I'm in the US? ¿What determines the options listed there?

I HIGHLY suspect that the USA version have more tx power.. due to 1W limit by FCC... BUMMER.

Thanks
Hi,

CONNEX configuration depends on the region from which the system was bought. If the system was bought from a re-seller in Europe, you'll have the two options of 25mW or 200mW, if it was bought in the US, CONNEX will have only one configuration. Note that even units sold in the US do not transmit with 30dbm, as we would like to enable the use of the DFS frequencies, on which the power limit is lower, but there is far less interference.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Shahar

axi

Hi,

CONNEX configuration depends on the region from which the system was bought. If the system was bought from a re-seller in Europe, you'll have the two options of 25mW or 200mW, if it was bought in the US, CONNEX will have only one configuration. Note that even units sold in the US do not transmit with 30dbm, as we would like to enable the use of the DFS frequencies, on which the power limit is lower, but there is far less interference.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Shahar
Hi Shahar, thank you for your answer.
I was not saying they transmit at 1W, only that the limits there were superior there.
¿How much is difference? 200mw vs 500mw? 600mw?

Edit: I just checked the FCC data for the air unit and it states 230mw max peak for 5.1-5.2 band.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

KAMIKAZE

@SleepyC can you please test latency with gopro if you have one on 60fps and 120fps? Yes, monitor will have some delay too, but I just interested if I can build fpv racer hexa and fly fast with hd video quality. Thats would be amazing expiriense..

Stratifier

Just mount the connex to the zenmuse. DSLR Pros has a kit
yes,DSLRPros have a mounting kit for the Z15, allowing unlimited movements of the camera, but they sell it only to people who buy their Connex kit from them. I don't know if it's a good or bad news for the rest of us who bought it somewhere else, but this is what I was told and reconfirmed by DSLRPros. :(