New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
No I havent yet as I was hoping to keep the quality. What's the quality like on 'signal boost'

Cameraj

Where did you get the software? I flew yesterday and about 150m mark the image froze for a few seconds and then came back, made my heart drop:)

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
Carapau, we haven't tested with a receiver present yet. Interested to see if we also experience a reduced range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
350m today and lost the link. And that is with the signal boost turned on. Definitely tell the difference in the quality of the image.

Filthy

Carapau,

Did you install the software and adjust the link parameter to "signal boost"? Before setting this, I was getting black-outs around 150-200 meters. But now, I have crystal clear downlink even at 400 meters.

While the 400m mark sounds better, that's still less than half of the advertised range of the this thing. Shame as it seems like a classic case of "too good to be true".

econfly

Just for reference, I have had my DJI Lightbridge out to 1km several times with clear signal. Never experienced a lost signal inside 1km. I know the products are not directly compatible.

Filthy

Ya - I had decent results on LB as well. But ended up going back to reg 5.8 video feed. The fact that LB can't work with GoPro when shooting 2.7k is a dealbreaker for me. Have higher hopes for the Connex as I'd like to use this with my GH4.

cenk

For those who wants to get the full range, 200mW ground use and range boost options must be selected both.

hexhome

We too have found 400m to be the limit in anything but perfect conditions and very close to the ground. Haven't played with settings yet. Anyone have any experience with NavTech links?

hexhome

Better antennae are everything! BUT, having previously used high gain RX antennae, they 'suck' in everything else! So better antennae, suitable rejection filters, noise rejecting receiver etc. etc. There is no simple answer, and worse, what works great at A might not work at all at B.