New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

Hi,

My Name is Shahar Keren and I'm a Customer Support Manager at AMIMON.
I've stumbled upon this forum, and I'm very pleased to see the traction around CONNEX!

I can also see the some of you had difficulties with the range of the system.
There can be different reasons for that (sub-optimal installation of the unit and antennas, non-LOS conditions, interference form other systems working on the 5GHz band, etc.). Furthermore, CONNEX systems bought in Europe comply with European regulations, thus the default configuration is that only the higher band is in use (5725MHz - 5875MHz), with low output power of 25mW.
Using the CONNEX management tool, you can change the configuration to 'indoor', when working indoors, and boost the output power to 200mW. You can also change the configuration to 'stability boost'.

All this information, and many more useful articles and videos can be found in the CONNEX support center.

I would also like to invite you to share your thoughts, suggestions and experiences using CONNEX using our community page, where we'll be able to provide quick replies.

last but not least, if you have any issue you need help with, I would like to invite you to use our support team, which is always at your disposal through tickets, chats and phone calls. All available at AMIMON support center.

Regards,
Shahar

macc

So are the systems bought in the US more powerful? Shame this thing aint working as advertised, thought it was too good...lol

Hi Macc,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience or misunderstanding, but we have to follow regulations.
You can boost the power on a European unit, when setting to Indoor mode.

Furthermore, for best performance with Air to Ground configuration, make sure the installation is optimized, and that there is no interference around - 5GHz RC and/or 5GHz analog AV systems working on the same frequencies as your CONNEX system.

Regards,
Shahar

Cameraj

Hi Macc,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience or misunderstanding, but we have to follow regulations.
You can boost the power on a European unit, when setting to Indoor mode.

Furthermore, for best performance with Air to Ground configuration, make sure the installation is optimized, and that there is no interference around - 5GHz RC and/or 5GHz analog AV systems working on the same frequencies as your CONNEX system.

Regards,
Shahar

Hi Shahar, I was looking into accessing the telemetry from my Dji flight control, what is the best way to do that ?there is a Co. that says that you plug there modual into Dji canbus port and it works, what's your thoughts? And I would like to buy a few extra cables ,power ,etc , just in case :) how do I go about ordering that? Thanks,

Hi Cameraj,

As of today, CONNEX supports MAVLINK telemetry only.
You should also note there is a built in OSD system in CONNEX, reporting basic parameters such as range.

About additional power cables, antennas and other accessories, you should contact the re-seller from which the set was bought. I regret to say that as of today, AMIMON does not have an on-line shop.

Once again, I would like to encourage you to submit your requests, questions and suggestions in CONNEX community, and to report all issues you might encounter to AMIMON support team, in order to get the most efficient and comprehensive reply.

Best regards,
Shahar

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
Hi Shahar,

We have been trying to get hold of an SDI 3G version. I understand that the Sky 503 would be ideal. Our dealer in the UK is having difficulty getting hold of one, are they available yet?

Hi Cameraj,

Do you mean working with the DJI telemetry through CONNEX? If so, the answer is no. It's not supported as of today.

If you're asking about DJI equipment (remote control or video system working on the 5GHz band), in parallel to CONNEX, you should try to configure those systems to work on a channel not supported by your CONNEX system, and mount the systems as far as possible from each other, to minimize interference.

Did I answer your question?

Regards,
Shahar

Hi Hexhome,

CONNEX has HDMI interfaces only.
For a 3G SDI product, you can contact Teradek, Paralinx, FlobeFlight or any other OEM selling AMIMON based technology.

Regards,
Shahar

Hi Hexhome,

Sure. AMIMON has other products. you can see all in AMIMON's WEB page, but those products are being sold to OEMs, not to end-customers.
If you wish to become a re-seller or OEM, you can enter your contacts in our WEB page, and the relevant Sales manager will contact you.

Thanks,
Shahar

hexhome

As one of the UKs largest Outside Broadcasters, we see potential in such a product. However, we are not an OEM. Back to Vislink I guess! Shame.

How do you trigger a camera to record start/stop?
I'm thinking of putting this on a drone with a ronin and red epic, but I need a PWM output to trigger the record on the camera.

It surprises me that this product is aimed at Pro-users, yet Amimon developers overlooked that a camera needs a start/stop trigger. Ha!!!
You guys need to have option for some PWM output to control start/stop, iris, focus etc if required.
This product can't really be used by Pro users without the most basic features.

hexhome

Thanks Shahar, we are aware of the Teradek Bolt and the Paralinx Tomahawk, however, their stated range is only up to 600m. The Amimon Pro SkyLink 503 has a stated range of up to 2000m. This is presumably due to it's high gain RX antenna. It would appear that this product is not for sale!
Could you clarify my confusion please?

hexhome

Thanks Hexhome, so you have Connex, and an RC receiver to trigger the Gentwire? Or do you do SBus>>PWM conversion, then to Gentwire?
At the moment, we have retained a separate RX and use a channel from that to operate the camera via the Gentwire.

Thanks Shahar, we are aware of the Teradek Bolt and the Paralinx Tomahawk, however, their stated range is only up to 600m. The Amimon Pro SkyLink 503 has a stated range of up to 2000m. This is presumably due to it's high gain RX antenna. It would appear that this product is not for sale!
Could you clarify my confusion please?
AMIMON does sell the Skylink 503, but only to OEMs/ re-sellers. Globe-flight may sell you a kit, but please note that the official range is 1600m.