New pilot from Danbury, CT USA

jlemoo

I'm currently flying a Lotus T380, and just started flying in March. It's been nearly six months of crashes and other equipment problems for me until I finally got to the point where I can really fly and get some aerial shots. One crash was into a swamp resulting in a total loss of aircraft; it will be a long time before I fly over water again. Someone without the addiction would have given up a long time ago. I work for a residential construction company and my boss purchased this heli to take aerial shots of projects. I hope to build my own quad next year after I get better at flying and figure out what I want to build.

I already have a question. When I land my heli, the blades continue to spin. Even if I turn off my transmitter (Walkera Devo 7), the blades are still going. I notice that my transmitter is at 1% throttle when I land, even with the stick all the way down. I have to walk over it and very carefully pick it up to unplug the battery. What's the problem? When I first plug it in and bind, the throttle shows 1% and the blades don't spin then until I give it more throttle.

jlemoo

This problem with the rotors continuing to spin just magically went away this morning. I don't know what adjustment I made. Maybe it will come back later. I had lots of other problems with the trim.

kloner

Aerial DP
you need the throttle trim disabled or neutral...... all subtrims except mode switches zerod out.....

jlemoo

That makes sense since I was mistakenly messing around with the throttle trim trying to solve a different problem.