New NorCal Pilot.

IM0001

Hello, my name is Bob, and I am a flying addict.

Grew up flying PC flight sims and got a Private Pilots License in College, but never got into RC flying since I lived in a heavy treefull area and none of my friends or family flew. (However my dad did used to build and fly cable flown Gas Planes, "Round and Round").

Recently I have been fascinated with the super-fast movement of the Quadcopter market and tech, and in every video I see using a drone in filming I get a bit sad GoPro nor none of this Drone tech was around or accessible while I was in college on my WaterSki Team. I was the guy with the Hand cam, recording and making the videos for the end of the season. IF I would have had a GoPro alone back then, the videos would have been 10x as good, and a Drone would only multiply that further.

Anyway, I have finally jumped onboard with a DJI Phantom 2 with the H3-3D, and a full FPV kit. Already have a Hero 3 Black and plenty of mental ideas for what I want to shoot with this thing. Mostly a lot of sports I have seen very little video of outside of professional productions.

In Prep for the arrival of my kit from NY I also picked up a Hubsan X4 with prop guards, crash kit, etc. and have been having a heck of a good time with it. Indoors the little thing is fun, but outside in Expert mode the thing is an absolute blast. It makes a great little trainer and also test to see if anyone else I let pilot it has any form of hand/eye coordination as well as the brain wrap to adapt to the different orientations while you fly it.

So I plan to take it slow with the P2 and just fly it naked first, then add the gimbal/GoPro, then eventually the FPV setup to assist in getting the perfect shot. My end goal is to make some neat productions and possibly work my way to possibly make some cash on the side of my main job. Who knows, maybe I can go Professional down the road as I have always enjoyed and had a knack for flying+video/photography…

kloner

Aerial DP
welcome to the addiction..... get to figuring out orientation and you'll have it made. your full size experience leads you to be more comftorable flying fpv.....