New - Missing Something

Hey all, glad you are here because I really need some help.
I am new to multirotors, originally a filmaker but have always been a tinkerer. I started with a Phantom 2 and was hooked. I tinkered and modified the Phantom until I needed to step up to something more professional. I have been flying the Inspire for several months and have really needed to carry larger cameras. So, I decided to build a heavy lift machine from the ground up.

Here is what I have assembled:
Gaui MRT 1300 "O"
DJI A2
T-Motor U7
T-Motor 18x6
T-Motor 80A ESC
2x Tattu 6 cell 22.2v 1600mAh Lipo's
Futaba 14SG

I have finished assembly but it seams like I might be missing something. I took the machine out for the maiden flight and as I throttled up I notice the aircraft wants to pull a little to one side instead of strait up, but not all the time. Because the aircraft seamed like it might not be operating properly I strapped it down to a work bench so I could give it a little more power and observe its behavior.
Again, its running but judging from my little experience with the Phantom and Inspire, the motors seam like they might be a little out of sync. The IMU is in the center of the frame, oriented and calibrated. I feel like maybe I have missed something with the motors or ESC's. Again, forgive me if I have missed something simple but this is my first rodeo.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Did you calibrate the ESCs? The calibration done with ease servo plugged directly to throttle out channel of the Rx.

That was it Moto.
Tx on, throttle up, power aircraft, ESC's made a different noise, throttle down, power cycle and it worked like a champ after that!
Thanks for the input.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
U7 490 or 420?

The 490's DO NOT like 18" props. Watch the temps on your ESC's. I had 3 of the 80A Pro ESC's melt the shrink wrap off and I was hovering at 48% - 51% on 18's. Switched to 16" props and went to 62% hover and they are much cooler... (still hot though, T-Motor told me "It's OK, just fly)... not a fan anymore...