New guy needs some help - live view T2i

hjls3

Hello to all - first off - great site I have gained lots of knowledge on this forum. I have just ordered a T2i to fly around and take some pics. THe little I know leads me to believe I can use the output on the camera to see what the camera is looking at. I have exactly no experience with FPV. I would like to be able to glance at a screen and see what the camera is seeing. The flying will be LOS and I will mostly just be taking stills. I think i would like small display on a tri-pod and I would quickly glance at it. However, I am certainly open to setuPs that you can suggest. Can you help steer me in the right direction? I know lots of you have already done this and I would like to take advantage of your knowledge. What do I need to order? Any suggestions on best vendors in the USA, for getting the stuff?

Really having fun with this hobby. Taking some baby steps, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

also - will be flying a converted heavy lift 550, av130, axi motors, xoar 12x5 props, droidworx LG and for now...naza FC

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

see there...great info. i had no idea @ the space being that tight. had not crossed that bridge yet. seems there are some solutions though. i wrestled with the whole 550mm part, but from what i have been told is that this setup will do the job. we will soon see :) thanks dave.

PaNt

Its so easy..! you need a Video tx and video rx then you put the Videeo out wire on the 550D and on Vtx.. and you will see connect the Vrx to the Lcd....!
Thats all!

hjls3

Its so easy..! you need a Video tx and video rx then you put the Videeo out wire on the 550D and on Vtx.. and you will see connect the Vrx to the Lcd....!
Thats all!

Thanks - would you recommend certain equipment or vendors? http://www.rangevideo.com seems like a good place, I just have no idea. I have never bought any of this type of equipment.

PaNt

THis or hobbywireless.com ..!

Go fo lawmate 1.3 or go to somethine a lot better and more expensive iftron products.. Google it.!

hjls3

THis or hobbywireless.com ..!

Go fo lawmate 1.3 or go to somethine a lot better and more expensive iftron products.. Google it.!

thanks again - im gonna do a bit of research and pull the trigger on some stuff today.

hjls3

Aye Up Hjls3..

Check tis thread out
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?121-Canon-T2i-video-out-hack

If you are mounting it on a AV130 you will need to modify the AV out plug. I am looking at various places that make custom plugs but they aint cheap.

As for carrying it on a 550 mmm think you may be asking a but much. My DW ADX3 weighs in at 4.25KG fully loaded with batteries and Ti2 or as we call them 550D.

Dave

Dave have you or do you know anyone that has used magic lantern or a similar CHDK with the t2i/550d? Form what I gather, magic lantern would allow internal intervalometer. allowing for some spray and pray and not needing anything connected side of DSLR. I am concerned about the complexity of installing magic lantern and might need to seek some help doing it. As far as the live view av out - i think i have a solution that again would allow me to not have anything plugged into camera. THanks - John