New gimbal controller - Phobotic Centerpiece

photobobga

I understand that there is a new gimbal controller in the works and should be released late summer. Everything I've read indicates that is will be a 'game changer'... can anyone validate? The controller is Phobotic Centerpiece.

Best,
Bob

Fat Corgi

The thread for the controller on RCGroups has been quite active for the last few months. I have been following it, but like a lot of RCGroups threads, it has now just become a "mud-slinging" fest. Great idea, and it will be brilliant if it can do what they claim. I'm sure we'll hear about it if it works.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I understand that there is a new gimbal controller in the works and should be released late summer. Everything I've read indicates that is will be a 'game changer'... can anyone validate? The controller is Phobotic Centerpiece.

Best,
Bob

I have been following it and it has potential. However, not sure I'd call it a game changer. Just another step up the ladder IF if works.

He announced it early Dec 2013. Showed first production run 1st week June. He (they? ) have been working on software to get it to A. autotune, B. Hold horizon, C. stabilize at least as good as the more expensive gimbals like a Zenmuse.

I want it to succeed and hoping it gives us DIY's the next step up or so. I have 3-4 gimbals, 8 bit alexmos, and 1 32 bit. I have some success with them, but by no means is as reliable and consistent as I'd like. I'm debating whether to jump in the first batch or wait till the 2 nd batch and some reviews are out on the internet. I'm in the northern part of the U.S. and we have 75-90 days before we start seeing that white stuff which is the end of the flying / experimenting season.

If initial reports are stable, autotune works, & holds horizon, I'll be forking over the $400 for the smaller unit pretty quickly.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have been in contact with Roee (developer) for quite some time. The unit will be awesome.
He is a very skilled programmer and his partner is a very skilled hardware implementer.

They have been working on this for a long time. I really like them as they refused to release the board before it was ready.
They had sent test videos that were probably better than any Alexmos footage I have seen, but was still not flawless. They realized this and decided to make it perfect.
It's looking like the end of August for a release. I should have a board the day they are available.

I'll keep you updated. I have a Hexacrafter A2 3 axis gimbal waiting for this board!

AND YES... The Autotune works.

jfro

Aerial Fun
They announced Aug 31 ready to go either today or yesterday. It's funny, cause I was just thinking about giving up on it this year and going with another 32bit Alex Mos. Guess I'll wait a bit longer. I have 3 gimbals I'd like to try it on..... If it's as good as expected, I'm guessing the days of spending too many hours on gimbals for those who can't afford a Movi 5 is just about over.

Sleepy, I hope it's as good as you believe it's going to be. Let's hope the extra time was fine tuning to high standards, not bug fixing...
I've seen projects like this go both ways. Let's hope for the best on this.