New EVO on the bench, observations

soler

Side thrust of whatever you want to call it should be a good principle if it is setup well, if each prop can cancel to some extend the yaw effect that is has on the whole system then during forward flight (or in any direction) where the whole system is not evenly balanced it will be able to use the full power of each motor. This should also help in the event of losing one prop and prevent a spinning top.

I wonder how difficult it is to calculate the correct angle that needs to be applied, as this principle could be used easily for Multi rotors with carbon arms.

deluge2

Well I guess I'd rather they made improvements rather than not. Early adopters always risk not having the updates from the outset. In this case, the DJI s800 EVO Motor Vibration absorber kit (Spare Part NO. 44, $40 USD) is in stock. It includes 6 carbon fiber motor mount plates, 24 isolation grommets, and 24 mounting screws (plus extra screws and isolators). The screws have shoulders so that they can be tightened without over-compressing the vibration damping isolators. So if early s800 EVO adopters who have shimmed hard-mount motors want the damped motor mounts, they're available. Not sure whether DJI or dealers would provide them free, but that would be nice. Not holding my breath...

Steve

:livid: Dam DJI I can't believe the revised the EVO with different units. I sure would be upset if I just bought one but got one with the older shims. Maybe you should contact DJI and explain you want the updated ones that have absorbers

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL, I didn't. Yesterday I received the kit I ordered last week from UAVProducts.

Steve

Hi Steve, did you receive the DJI s800 EVO Motor Vibration absorber kit ? I got one today, and it looks like you have to remove all the motors to fit the new carbon fiber motor mount plates, which is a real pain in the ***! De-soldering and re-soldering those motor leads is such a painful job.

Akermay

Hi Steve, did you receive the DJI s800 EVO Motor Vibration absorber kit ? I got one today, and it looks like you have to remove all the motors to fit the new carbon fiber motor mount plates, which is a real pain in the ***! De-soldering and re-soldering those motor leads is such a painful job.

Is this something just UAVProducts provide? Or is this a standard spare most DJI dealers will have? Some photos would be great. Presumably this is because the motors are just sending too many vibrations into the arms?

Ahh thanks Louis, silly of me not to check more closely. I hadn't realised the motor vibrations absorbers and that discussed originally were the same thing.

I got an early EVO with the shims, but I bought a spare arm, with everything on it (I needed to replace an ESC and couldn't find one on it's own at the time) and it came with the vibration absorbers, so I have five arms with shims and one with vibration absorbers.
See my comments above about the Motor Vibration absorber kit...

deluge2

Yes, no way to route the motor wires through the motor mount plate without desoldering them from the ESC pads. Unless of course you were to cut through the side of the new motor mount plate, which of course would be a terrible idea. BTW, I was checking out your vids (on IrishCopterFilms.com) and for some reason the soldering one refused to play, no problem with the others I looked at.

Steve