New DJI Zenmuse H3-D3 gimbal, Phantom 2 only?

photobobga

I was excited about the new Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal recently announced... until I heard that it will only be sold with the new Phantom 2. Not as a stand alone version. Can anyone please confirm or deny this please. The H3-2D has been discontinued. Surly this can't be true...? If it will be released as a stand alone unit does anyone have a possible release date and price?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
And where did you 'hear' any of this? Of course it will be released as a standalone version. It would be cutting off vital sales otherwise. When I have no idea.

plima

They will definitely release it as a stand alone unit, but it will require their GCU as the original zenmuse did before they came out with the "upgrade board" for the P1. I've heard that the standalone unit with the GCU is about a month out. If you're looking to put in on a P1, or an P2 V1, then you'll also need the updated mount that makes it sit a little lower.

Tahoe Ed

The H3-3D will be available for other DJI applications shortly. The price is around $500 for the unit with GCU. That will work with the Naza 2, WKM and A2.

Tahoe Ed

H3-3D Firmware Update!

Guys here is the new firmware update for the H3-3D and instruction on the installation of the retaining clips.

DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal Firmware Update!

1.New firmware V1.0.0.4 update;
H3-3D latest firmware: V1.0.0.4

· Quick start guide and user manual will be updated, for more information please visit www.dji.com

Firmware update: The firmware optimized the H3-3D gimbal Yaw axis tracking (or follow), the gimbal Yaw axis will move as well when you turn the Phantom. This greatly reduces the probability of capturing the Phantom landing skid.

2.Securing kits mounting guidance

a. We recommend mounting the securing pins and washers to the diagonal locations shown below. This will prevent YAW axis blocking during flight.

b. Insert the securing washers to the first clamp ring slightly, if you over tighten, it will stop at the second clamp ring. This will affect damping.

3.Add a standard accessory: anti-interference reinforcement board. (Follow the instructions below to mount the board.)

If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact us at support@dji.com, thanks!

gskedgel

i was excited about the new zenmuse h3-3d gimbal recently announced... Until i heard that it will only be sold with the new phantom 2. Not as a stand alone version. Can anyone please confirm or deny this please. The h3-2d has been discontinued. Surly this can't be true...? If it will be released as a stand alone unit does anyone have a possible release date and price?

just got off the phone with helidirect.com and they did in fact confirm that the h3-3d will only be sold with the phantom 2 package!?! I can't believe that dji would do this but from my experience, helidirect seems to be a big player and would know accrurate info such as this.....please someone tell me that they are wrong!!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
just got off the phone with helidirect.com and they did in fact confirm that the h3-3d will only be sold with the phantom 2 package!?! I can't believe that dji would do this but from my experience, helidirect seems to be a big player and would know accrurate info such as this.....please someone tell me that they are wrong!!

Yep, wrong.

Fat_Bastard

In Sweden it is sold separately and readily available.
I wonder if the gimbal could be used with copters other than Phantom series?

FPV Dude

Zenmuse h3 3d gcu v2 vrs v1

What's the difference? I'm looking for the 3d vi per dji manual and I see a v2 gcu. Can't find anything referring to the difference at all. Please help or I won't have any hair left. Lol thanks

daniel

please somebody know how to setup the h3-3d stand alone version?
i i put it under my tbs..... works good, but:
dosent connect to the assistant software, can't do anything...
how can i do the tilt? im trying to use the knob for the tilt on my DX8, but nothing!!
please if someone experienced the same issues, let me know,

thanks for your time