New! DJI A2 GPS Pro Plus Exchange program

Pumpkinguy

I've tried to source this in Canada but only 1 dealer has responded and they have old stock. No new stock on the horizon. Other dealers simply won't return my emails. So my next source is USA dealers. If you know of any that have this in stock, please let me know. Thanks.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
You can trade in your old puck for a new one and it is then much cheaper. £108 in the UK using this route.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
You can trade in your old puck for a new one and it is then much cheaper. £108 in the UK using this route.
well that's good to know.
By the way, I wasn't bashing @Aerial Media Pros; about the price, they're going to charge what they're supposed to charge and they've been a longtime supporter of the site which we appreciate very much. :)

MrMarr

Hi all, thank you for your input on my issues I was having, I got to the bottom of it, a faulty servo cable between the A2 and the ESCs!

My machine is flying great now and the GPS is behaving as it should!

Cheers, M

Bartman

we are trying to find that out

it was mentioned in a bunch of places but there isn't any guidance anywhere as to how to go about getting it

@Tahoe Ed ??? Any info?

Pumpkinguy

I've heard from a industry insider that dji is NOT shipping new flight controls with the new puck. He claims they will leave it as an add on for now.

Bartman

Guys, Tahoe Ed has posted details regarding the exchange program for existing A2 customers that want to get the new Pro Plus GPS puck.

Please see the first post in this thread for details.
Bart

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I've heard from a industry insider that dji is NOT shipping new flight controls with the new puck. He claims they will leave it as an add on for now.
Categorically not the case. I have already personally seen brand new A2s in their boxes with the Pro Plus puck.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
29 Jan 2015 edit:
Adding details from @Tahoe Ed; regarding exchange program.........

Guys here is the procedure to get your puck exchange via DJI LA. You will need to call them to initiate the process.

The service number in Los Angeles is (818) 235 0789
  • A2 Compass Pro Plus upgrade program
    • Please cut an RMA for any customer who has an A2 flight controller system and would like to take advantage of DJI’s upgrade offer
    • The price of the upgrade is $180 including tax and shipping and they must include proof of purchase for their current A2 system.
    • The customer will pay to ship this to us; do not cut a shipping label for this
    • Please issue this as an RMA PS

REALLY? I have no idea where my receipt is I bought the unit almost 2 years ago.
I’m going to call and see what’s what.

I called the 818-235-0789 number this morning at 9:02 am Pacific time and was #4 in line to talk to a service agent... That went smoothly and I was picked up 4 minute later (not bad). I talked to a nice lady who needed to check on the upgrade process. She did and was able to navigate the needed info to get me a RMA# and an address in Torrance, California... Total time on phone 10 minutes! So far it appears the process is working.

I need to demount the puck and ship it with the RMA# and an info sheet. So far so good. Oh yea, the price is 180.00 as @Tahoe Ed mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

Now I need to fight the temptation to fly it before I de-install it...

Bob

Bartman

I guess I'll be giving them a call today also although I don't have a helicopter for this flight controller at the moment.
Bart

Pumpkinguy

I have one Bart. :)

I talked to another dealer today. Let's for argument sake say he had 7 complete flight controls in stock. He told me they have to unbox, send 7 GPS pro pucks back to dji and that he would get 7 pro plus pucks in return. I don't know if there is a cost to him as a dealer but he said once he gets the new pucks the customers who buy the A2 will be getting the new puck. His timeframe was 1-2 weeks and he says the standard price of $1299 will stand.