New Contest, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicwilke

If they extend the deadline, please no more than a week or so. Many of us are working hard to a deadline which is part of many of our daily lives and I guess we all want to gave the best chance of winning.... Hehehe.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the question was asked;

<quote>Does all the footage need to be aerial, or can we use a combination of fixed footage, some interviews, and some aerial? I would like to use a combination of all of the above to do a piece featuring describing "WHY".

Lastly, is this competition limited to private individuals, or can we submit this on behalf of our company and have a couple different people work on it?</quote>

all sorts of ffotage CAN be used and teams CAN work together to produce an entry.

thanks for the questions.
Bart

Is Vimeo an option? (Rather than Youtube.) It's possible to hide a video on Vimeo from the general public, much like the unlisted status you mentioned (I think).

DennyR

The thought has occurred to me that we should know at this stage who is actually going to use this commercial production and what copyright restrictions can be applied.

nicwilke

The thought has occurred to me that we should know at this stage who is actually going to use this commercial production and what copyright restrictions can be applied.

Isnt it stated in the description? This is a competition to win product, in exchange for your production. They can use it fir whatever they want no? Do we have to over complex the terms of use?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bartman

I'd really appreciate it if people can PM me with their intentions to enter the contest. I need to get a handle on how many entries we might expect to have before the contest closes. The info I gather will be kept confidential.

Thanks,
Bart

Macsgrafs

What generous sponsors...thats a whole new setup waiting for the taking! Some lucky guy/girl is going to be a very happy bunny after winning this competition. I'm going to try & enter this one, but have so many engagements up & coming that I might not have time :(

Ross

Bartman

PLEASE NOTE:

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS BEEN MOVED TO SEPTEMBER 14, 2012, A THREE WEEK EXTENSION.

We hope this helps those of you that have expressed an interest in competing given the challenges.

Thanks to our sponsors and thanks to you for your participation.

I should mention, I've been flat out swamped with my job and my other job so I haven't been around much. I got the PM's from those of you that are planning to enter and I thank you for taking a minute to notify me. It is very helpful in planning this sort of thing to have knowledge of how many entries there will be so please contact me if you haven't already if you plan to submit an entry.

Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I will be out of the office until Sept 15th. can you extend it one more week? Kidding.

Thanks for the extension. I think it will make the comp more interesting as it was starting to seem a lot of us just didnt have time.

I cant wait to see what people come up with! We got some serious talent in our community here.

Yuri

Bartman

THanks to everyone that wrote to me to express intent to enter. I think we've actually got a contest going and it's going to be exciting to see the entries as they start to come in! The first has actually arrived already so there's no turning back.

Good luck!
Bart

Bartman

As of today we have eight participants that have contacted me with their intent to enter the contest. Anyone else planning to enter that hasn't contacted me? It isn't vitally necessary but it would be nice to have an idea of what we'll be up against in terms of review when the contest is done.

THanks and good luck!!!

Bart

PaNt

Yeap till 14 September seems to be open.. But when is the END of this contest?? When the videos must be ready?

Bartman

the deadline for submissions is Sept 14, 2012 at midnight EST USA. We've received our first entry, it's lovely I must say, and I expect to receive about ten more in the coming weeks.

Any updates on progress would be appreciated. We're a little anxious to know we'll have the entries to pick a proper winner. If not we could extend it again though that might make a few of you upset. :shame:

Anyone?

Bart

Stacky

Bart I have finally got most of my gimbal issues as good as I can get with the current hardware so I am reading to start filming, the only problem is down here in NZ we have a forecast of the next 2 weeks being strong spring winds which means I am going to be grounded for the next few weeks.

nicwilke

I will meet the deadline Bart, Just, but will meet the deadline. If we extend it, I think its unfair to the people who have already submitted, and about to submit their entries. You cant call the olympics off if some of the competitors are injured, so If we vote for extension, I'll say no.. (sorry stacky - just go film something cool in NZ with good or bad weather, its all beautiful over there...)

Bartman

ok, we'll see what else has to be said about it. i just need to know we're going to have enough entries to make a fair contest.

bart

nicwilke

You will have mine next week Bart. Will the judges watch these as they come in, or will they look all together? I cant wait to see peoples videos.

Stacky

I fully understand nic, there will be other competitions that i will be ready for in the future.

I will meet the deadline Bart, Just, but will meet the deadline. If we extend it, I think its unfair to the people who have already submitted, and about to submit their entries. You cant call the olympics off if some of the competitors are injured, so If we vote for extension, I'll say no.. (sorry stacky - just go film something cool in NZ with good or bad weather, its all beautiful over there...)

Status
Not open for further replies.