New Camera?

rsun

Hey Guys

I am looking into getting a new camera for my Cinestar X8 with CS gimbal and Radian....

Been looking at:

Canon 650D with 10-22 lens
Sony NEX 7 with ??? lens
GH3 with ???? lens

I would like some opinions on your experience....

I already got the CS6 under construction with a Zen with NEX7 and the 21 mm C Biogon Zeiss lens for video.... just need the other setup because of the windy wether in Denmark for the stills.
But also want to be abel to make a video on it if I need it one day....

Thanks

René

jamienz

I would get the NEX 6 with the new 16-50mm OSS lens. I have the 60D/10-22 combo and just picked up the NEx 6... its amazing.

Lanzar

sony cx730

Hey Guys

I am looking into getting a new camera for my Cinestar X8 with CS gimbal and Radian....

Been looking at:

Canon 650D with 10-22 lens
Sony NEX 7 with ??? lens
GH3 with ???? lens

I would like some opinions on your experience....

I already got the CS6 under construction with a Zen with NEX7 and the 21 mm C Biogon Zeiss lens for video.... just need the other setup because of the windy wether in Denmark for the stills.
But also want to be abel to make a video on it if I need it one day....

Thanks

René

ovdt

CX730 is only good for videos; the stills produced by this cam is far worse than the cameras listed by rsun.

For stills, I would take the NEX path again. You already have NEX7, so why not use it also for this system? If you need some wide angle, you can get the new Sony 10-18mm f/4 Zeiss lens. Or if you need some budget lens with good quality, you can check for the Sigma 19mm F2.8.

If you need a new camera, NEX6 is a good option with 16-50mm OSS lens as jamiens said. And if you add Zeiss 10-18mm to your list, it will be a killer combo.

rsun

I have been looking on the Sony 730 but it is not perfect for stills...

Is the NEX 6 so mush better then the NEX 7....

At this point the nex7 is the same price as the nex6 because of the Cash-back from Sony in Denmark..

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm curious why the Nex6 is any better than the 5n for AV/AP? For under $500 the 5n with kit lens has done very very well for most of my needs.

3dheliguy

Hmm interesting I'm pretty sure the Nex 7 would be the best all around camera since it can take still shot at 21 megapixel rate witch the 5n and others couldn't shoot. For Video on the other hand there all about the same so I would rather spend a lesser amount of money and get the nex5n with is awesome I think for the money. Can't go wrong.

rsun

Hmm, maybe I just going to try out the Canon 10-22 lens on my 550D and get me the 10-18 lens for the NEX7 i have... not going to use the 2 rigs at the same time anyway so will be abel to use the nex for pix too..

Thanks guys for your help...

Happy Christmas... :)