Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

danproud

Thanks guys. Looks like new motors have made it on to the shopping list. I'm not happy that DW recommended the 4014-11's in the first place, even with the AV200/5D (9.5 AUW) they would have been working mighty hard. Having said that, this setup was getting 12 minutes flight with no heat to speak of on the motors. Oh well, I guess everyone's learning in this game!

Can anyone recommend a supplier that has U5's and maybe 16" props in stock?

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
My SJx4 is flying at AUW 9.6KG with 3515-15's and 15x5 T-motor carbons, hovers at 51% throttle... if that helps

Aeronavics

U5 and U8's have been tested and when Tmotor supplies are better, we'll likely advocate them for our builds and use them in our RTF.

fltundra

Guys, take a look at these motors. You will throw those tigers in the trash. My MN 470kv's already have bearing slop with only 12 hrs flt. time. I had one of their Heli motors in my hand, amazing workmanship. Waiting for my quad to ship.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshirecat

Hi Ches,

£300 for the flight case £65 for drawing origination and £250 for the insert (+VAT)

I'm not a fan of the QR idea - apart fom getting the crash cage off quicker... I spent a long time getting the props/motors lined up, think the QR system would have an effect on that.

I like the insert as the x4 rests just on it's arms when inside.

If anyone is interested I could enquire about sourcing some more, as is or modified.

Steve

Hi Steve

Sorry got very sidetracked on the subject of a flight case.
A carbon copy of the insert foam you have would work perfectly for me.
What do you think is the best way to get a copy cut, i presume the factory will still have the drawings for the CNC machine.
the case i can get made to size at a myriad of places.

Thanks

Peter

baja-king

Hi Peter,

No problem, I'm away in Manchester all week but I'll give them a call and find out for you

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrtarango32

How well does your x8 fly going forward. Having issues with a sudden descend in fast forward flights. 75% elevator on the sticks or so.

baja-king

How well does your x8 fly going forward. Having issues with a sudden descend in fast forward flights. 75% elevator on the sticks or so.

Flies fine, you need to add throttle as you push forward (not wanting to sound like I'm stating the obvious)... no sudden drops

Baja-king,

I also have a Coax Skyjib X4, very similar setup. A couple of questions for you:

1. I have the IMU v2, but still seem to have issues with white flashes. Any advice?
2. May I ask what your gain settings are?

Thanks!
-Ian

baja-king

Baja-king,

I also have a Coax Skyjib X4, very similar setup. A couple of questions for you:

1. I have the IMU v2, but still seem to have issues with white flashes. Any advice?
2. May I ask what your gain settings are?

Thanks!
-Ian

Hi Ian, gain setting here: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...re-your-Gain-settings-WK-M-on-Droidworx/page2

Are your props really well balanced? Are your motors perfectly inline top and bottom? The vortex is good if you're having vibration issues: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1971268

What ESC/Motor/Prop combo are you using?

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for that info. The thread you linked seems like it will be super helpful, I'll get my buddy who's an engineer to help me wrap my brain around it. I bought a prop balancer that should arrive to me tomorrow. I'm going to try to follow some tutorials and things that I've been researching.

ESCs are tmotor 40a : http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/esc_0916/84.html
Motors are tmotor 3520 400kv: http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/Professional_0912/51.html
Props are the tmotor 15" carbon fiber 15x5
And I'm using the tmotor brand prop adapters to fit them on the motors

-Ian