Naza v2 setup help needed badly!!!!

ok so im new to the multicopter hobby, so ive built a quadcopter, its a 450mm frame, with multistar 45a sbec esc's, and multistar 490kv motors,13'x5 carbon fiber props, with the DJI Naza M v2 FC, its stable taking ff for the most part, it has a bit of a drifting issue, it will hover for the most part but does tend to lose and gain a tiny bit of altitude (like a foot or two) but my real issue is that it weeble wobbles (sorry best way i could think to describe it) when i give it throttle to gain altitude, i adjusted my gains a bit to compensate in the begining because it was hard to get off the ground. my gains started as: pitch 125% roll 125% yaw 100% vertical 100% and attitude pitch and roll were at 125%, i slowly adjusted them to 105/105/100/110 and 115/115, adn thats where im at now, and im pulling out my hair with frustration, ive been scowering the net and watching any youtube vids i can find to figure this out with no luck, any suggestions??

How big is the multirotor? That's a big-*** prop your using. Maybe that's it? Do you have a 10" prop set you can try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a 450mm frame, ya i was thinking of dropping down to an 11" prop, but im running a max amps 62 6000mah lipo, so i was worried about wether or not it would be too heavy for the 11's to lift

Maybe see if you can get your hands on a lighter battery and 10" props and see if that solves the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolph42

how on earth do you get 13" props on a 450 base quad?

basic math:
sin(45) = Rprop / Rbase
-->
0.71 = Rprop / (450/2)
-->
Rprop = 0.71 * 225 = 159,1 mm = 6,26"
--> Diam. Prop = 2*Rprop = 12.5"
so 12.5" props would just touch eachother on your frame...13 inch would cut eachother up. Are these props on different elevations ?

View attachment 16749

Attachments

• props.jpg
    props.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 341
Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

On a 450 size quad, you might be better running something like the TBS esc's/900kV motors and 9" props. That should give you a very locked in quad - it works well on disco pros.

if you look at the thread about kloner's aerial mob disco pro extensions over on fpvlab, you'll see that trappy hasn't yet found 'the' solution for running big props, low kV motors and a 6cell pack. If/when he does, that would be the set-up to go for. But note, they're all adding longer arm to the quads, so they're not 450 size anymore.

ok guys so i just test flew the quad with 10" blades and i flew great but not alot of thrust, and i still have to attach my camera and gimble to it so i changed them to 11" blades but now i have a wobble, any ideas?

not sure of the exact weight, the battery im using is a MaxAmps 6s 6000mah, it took off fine with the 10"props im just worried that its not enough thrust for when i install my gimble and camera

FlyGirl

not sure of the exact weight, the battery im using is a MaxAmps 6s 6000mah, it took off fine with the 10"props im just worried that its not enough thrust for when i install my gimble and camera

I'm using a 4s 5000 mAh with 920kv motors and carry camera, gimble, and FPV with an OSD module. Mines not what you would call a light weight but mine does fly fine with 9 inch props with those 920kv motors and does lift off at mid throttle. With all due respect, I think probably you went a little overboard Nitrous with your build, especially the battery, but you can always drop back and get a better flight experience. I know 10 inch props on mine are very twitchy but 9 inchers are nice and smooth.

I'm using a 4s 5000 mAh with 920kv motors and carry camera, gimble, and FPV with an OSD module. Mines not what you would call a light weight but mine does fly fine with 9 inch props with those 920kv motors and does lift off at mid throttle. With all due respect, I think probably you went a little overboard Nitrous with your build, especially the battery, but you can always drop back and get a better flight experience. I know 10 inch props on mine are very twitchy but 9 inchers are nice and smooth.

ok so a little back story flygirl, i work for a surveying company, my boss wants to get into aerial surveying, he has a huge octocopter its 1600mm wingspan so its a huge pain to transport so he hired me on to build him smaller ones and also do the flying for him so he can worry about other business duties, i have a back ground in land rc's but not too much when it comes to multirotors and other flying rc's, he went online and ordered all the parts for me, and i dont know what kind of research he did if any, so i might be stuck with these motors and esc's, i do however have a few different size props to work with tho,

but like i said it seemed to fly fine with 10" props, but it did seem to take off and climb kinda slow so we were wondering if we are getting enough thrust or if adjusting the gains may fix the problem

sk8brd

need to find out what your manual hover % is first with different prop size combo. then once you find the sweet spot of 50-65% throttle at hover in manual mode you can then play with gains. judging by your description of the size looks you may have a tarot 690. if it has red motor mounts on two front arms there is a lot of build logs online of that craft you could search. the motors are rated for 6s so you could be fine providing you have the correct prop size. i don't know those motors specifically but the workflow is the same on any build. manual mode is entirely different animal then those auto modes-gps/atti. its up to you as the self leveling hover hold etc is all turned off!

if you don't have any flying experience i would buy a small micro quad like a blade mqx, nano qx to get familiar with flight. these small micro quads can be a lot to handle at first which is GOOD because it will teach you how to fly better then a naza will in the auto leveling modes.....plus its smaller safer and cheaper when you crash which we all do when were learning. i would seriously recommend flying one of these first and once you can comfortably handle these crafts in their expert modes naza will be a cake walk and if you do need to hop into manual mode on naza you will know how to fly it.