naza mv2 manual mode hover problems

JoshMaxAmps

This has probably been answered elsewhere but I can't find it. I have an F450 and I am ready to fly in manual mode. The problem is that I can get my quad to hover. I have the Futaba 8fg airplane version. It has notches for the throttle. If I go one click up it flies up. One click down it drops... what do I need to adjust to solve this. I tried the vertical gain but I don't see a difference when I make changes. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are you talking 1 click above zero throttle (all the way down)?

In manual mode the quad will be acting based directly on the overall setup, as opposed to the ATTI/GPS style that compensates for discrepancies and keeps the craft at hover when throttle is at 50% regardless of AUW. So if your quad is lifting off one click above zero, then you have way to much power for the weight of the craft.

One way to test this (and this can be a little hairy!), is to fly up to a fairly safe distance in ATTI mode - 30 feet or so. Let it hover at the 50% throttle position. Then without touching the throttle, switch to manual mode. If it shoots up, you have too much power. If it starts to drop, you have too little power. Be ready to flick it back to ATTI mode immediately regardless.

JoshMaxAmps

Definitely have a bit too little power then. But when it is when i try and stabilize and maintain my altitude that i run into this. I have to be just above 50% to rise. But again there is no mid point. I am either going up or down. No hover.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If you are just a hair above 50% throttle - that sounds close enough. 50% is ideal - but many hover (in ATTI) at about 60%.

Manual mode is constant stick inputs. There is no aid for leveling - so realize that each stick movement needs to be offset by an opposite stick movement to keep it balanced.

Also, you may want to adjust your throttle curve to allow your better control in the center of the stick throw. That may help take some of the twitchy behavior out.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Take the back off the radio and remove the ratchet from the throttle gimbal
It is only a thin metal strap held on with a single screw

it may even be smooth on one side so it can be flipped over and replaced to allow a steady amount of stiction with out the ratchet / notch

This task is not rocket science in execution and makes a big difference as the ratchet is meant for planes to set a steady throttle

Most people that fly Multi's or Heli's remove this strap if fitted

bob195558

bob195558
I believe you should not expect to be trying to hover when in manual mode.
Use Atti mode at 50% throttle and when quad is 30 feet away from your transmitter switch to GPS mode.
When in GPS mode your F450 quad may drift around in a 15 foot circle (max) or less.
Sometimes when in GPS mode your F450 quad may stay in one spot.
I believe this depends on the GPS Error which is called Circular Error Probable.

Bob B.