Naza gps compass calibration

usnooz

Hi guys i cant seem to get into compass calibrartion mode.

I'm using a dx6i so i have set a switch up to go from manual to Gps mode and anothe stitch for alti.

No mater how many time i flick the GPS > manual switch it wont go into compass calibrartion.

I have checked that flicking the switch in the naza assistant is working correctly switching between Manual and GPS and they are center in both even if i switch fast and many times.

Im am also getting the correct lights 1 green 3 red blinks in gps and 3 red in manual.

Anyone got any ideas.

goraplx

Can you upload screenshot when you are on Gps mode and Manual mode in assistant ?

Do you have BLUE in assistant when you entering to GPS and Manual modes ?

Last edited by a moderator:

sickan

Start from manual and flick semi-fast to GPS, do it seven times and stop at seven in GPS-mode.

Works for me every time :)

--
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DesJardins

Flipping the switch 7 times from to "manual" to "GPS" does it.
As long as the light goes solid yellow you are good to start the spinning ballerina process. Lol

I don't honestly know if you need to end in GPS mode or if Manual is ok too because I have always done it while ending the 7 flicks in "Manual" mode.

I'll read the process to see if it matters

goraplx

I don't honestly know if you need to end in GPS mode or if Manual is ok too because I have always done it while ending the 7 flicks in "Manual" mode.

yes its important. I have gps / att / failsafe under 3 pos. stick. (travel adj. is between for example +84 up to - 44). If I want calibrate i need gps / att / manual so i have to change travel from -44 to -84 to have full range and get BLUE under manual mode. I do this on the field. Many times i tried calibrate when didnt have BLUE in manual without success. Please try yourself and you will see. Sry for english ;)

Razzil

flick the switches like you've been doing, but stop it in GPS mode, they should start the calibration light sequence then.

DesJardins

The manual indicates it "enters the calibration mode" when the light goes "constant yellow".

You can achieve this after 7 flips from Manual to GPS or from GPS to manual. After calibration the light turns off indicating the calibration was a success.

:shrug:

Both worked so maybe a DJI rep would like to confirm if you "have" to do the calibration in GPS?
It flys the exact same when done in both sequences and it doesn't indicate that position 1 has to be manual. Just indicate the flip must be from 1-3 passing position 2 to even enter the calibration mode.

Kloner you have any idea?

dma251

Hey guys, I am trying to set mine up too, but having the same problem - I can't get it to enter calibration mode. I have tried every possible combinations of seven flicks, but it only continues to blink red, amber, red, amber...

I tried to fly it, and it really wanted to wander...

usnooz

gps in green red red red if your indoors and no sat lock. and manual is red red red. they are the two you need to switch between

dma251

Well, try as I might, I am not having any luck at all with this... Check out this video, and tell me what I should do differently. The switch on my tx is GPS on top, ATT in middle, then manual on the bottom position.

I am open to any suggestions, but like I said before, I have tried every combination of seven flips, and I am going from GPS to Manual position, so what next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzTHtWsNmo

goraplx

Can you record 5 sek of video how it looks in assistant when you move stick from gps to Manual ? Hmm

dma251

You have sniffed out the problem! My tx servo travel was just a little off, and not hitting the MANUAL position. THANK YOU!

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
I made a video on how to do this, click on my youtube link in my sig and scroll down my vids, you will see it :)

Jim.

irvan36mm

I made a video on how to do this, click on my youtube link in my sig and scroll down my vids, you will see it :)

Jim.
Can you access Calibration mode if you have the 3-way switch set for GPS, Atti & Fail-Safe?
Or does it have to be GPS,Atti & Manual..then change Manual to Fail-Safe after calibration?

goraplx

No you cannot go into calibration mode with gps/attitude/failsafe . After calibration you can change manual to failsafe .