New Stuff DJi Photokina !

jes1111

Attachments

• s800_parts_motor.jpg
    s800_parts_motor.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 258

ChrisViperM

I sent an email to DJI and kopterworx about the avaliability of S800 landing gear.....no answer from DJI (as usual), kopterworx got the message from DJI: "FS100 Gimbal and retracts don’t have estimate launch time...."

I can understand for the FS100, but for Christ sake, the retracts are no rocket sience, and since they know that the existing fixed landing gear is limiting the use of the Zenmuse, how can they show up at an Exhibit with that retracts and just say: " Solly, don't know nothing..."

What they should do is: Announce on their website that they came up with a retractable landing gear, a fixed schedule when it will be on the market and a 50% price reduction for all customer who went through their ESC nightmare....and then the alarm clock went off and I woke up.

Chris

DennyR

Interesting that they hung the FS100 gimbal on a heli . Not a very good one though. I thought the way they support the camera overhang was nice. An overhead bellcrank and a couple of pull rods. Nice idea. removes loads from the gimbal bearings.

DennyR

I sent an email to DJI and kopterworx about the avaliability of S800 landing gear.....no answer from DJI (as usual), kopterworx got the message from DJI: "FS100 Gimbal and retracts don’t have estimate launch time...."

I can understand for the FS100, but for Christ sake, the retracts are no rocket sience, and since they know that the existing fixed landing gear is limiting the use of the Zenmuse, how can they show up at an Exhibit with that retracts and just say: " Solly, don't know nothing..."

What they should do is: Announce on their website that they came up with a retractable landing gear, a fixed schedule when it will be on the market and a 50% price reduction for all customer who went through their ESC nightmare....and then the alarm clock went off and I woke up.

Chris
Chris I think it is wrong to assume that retracts are an essential. Save your money. No full size pro operations use more than 60 deg of pan angle during a live shoot tracking fast moving objects. Race boats and cars for example. The locked-in look from a pro shooter is usually achieved with hardly moving the Pan at all. That is what the rudder pedals are for.....a good pilot and operator never show you the landing gear.
Give the amateurs a new toy and they will play. God knows what will happen when they get a zoom button to screw around with as well.

Oh well, supply and demand, I guess they would not have made it if customers didn't ask for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Denny, I have followed most of your posts concerning proper flight technique vs. technical gimmics and I have to 100% agree with you...the Zenmuse is absolutely perfect for stabilizing the cam at roll and tilt, and that's basically all you need (and a LOT of flying practice). To be honest, I never thought of buying a retract (because I want to master the smoothness the hard way), it just pi**es me off to see this stupid game over and over again from DJI.....why show something if you are to stupid to even know a release date. If you check this thread:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-The-Making-of-an-octocopter-quot-KRATOS-quot .....that's how it should be done.....but maybe I am just angry about the fact that the Zenmuse IS the best thing on the market (so far) and I like this company not a bit.....Ch

Chris

Lanzar

Well i am reading this and i think if you realy need the retractables then just redo the original ones. You take away the plastic holder of 2 booms and install 2x servo, 1 on each leg and do some aluminum cradle for them to slide. It should not take more than few hours to do it and coneect the servos to reciver and use 1 switch to control the 2 servo at once.
Or buy a big laundry basket in take off the legs and start the kopter from the basket.

Denny, I have followed most of your posts concerning proper flight technique vs. technical gimmics and I have to 100% agree with you...the Zenmuse is absolutely perfect for stabilizing the cam at roll and tilt, and that's basically all you need (and a LOT of flying practice). To be honest, I never thought of buying a retract (because I want to master the smoothness the hard way), it just pi**es me off to see this stupid game over and over again from DJI.....why show something if you are to stupid to even know a release date. If you check this thread:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-The-Making-of-an-octocopter-quot-KRATOS-quot .....that's how it should be done.....but maybe I am just angry about the fact that the Zenmuse IS the best thing on the market (so far) and I like this company not a bit.....Ch

Chris

DennyR

Boris, those tigers are same size as s800 motors, but they are just regular 12N14P.
dji motors are 24n28p and looks much more similar to dualsky 5015 series.

looking to new fs100 head and with 1.3kg z15 in mind, its easy to surmise about 2kg or more just for gimbal itself.
add here 2,5+kg FS100 with lens, (or 3+ kg epic).. - I wouldnt try to lift it with even 10-motors-s800 with that flimsy arms..

Demtiri Those motors are not 4008 Tigers I have used 4008's and they are a lot smaller

DennyR

Well i am reading this and i think if you realy need the retractables then just redo the original ones. You take away the plastic holder of 2 booms and install 2x servo, 1 on each leg and do some aluminum cradle for them to slide. It should not take more than few hours to do it and coneect the servos to reciver and use 1 switch to control the 2 servo at once.
Or buy a big laundry basket in take off the legs and start the kopter from the basket.

I like the laundry basket idea, just the right size to put the wreckage in .... Sorry I couldn't resist that one..

DennyR

4008's basic design with a slightly longer stator and a different wind, IMO
If you put the two side by side then there are a few similarities but definitely a completely different motor from anything on the TM web site. 4008's are not 6s. Even the knock-off RCTimer ones are not exactly the same. Made at the same factory and designed by the same bloke I would say. A lot of these Chinese companies who purport to be manufacturers are just web site retailers, who knows where the bulk of this stuff is actually made. As there are many TM motors that are simply rebadged if you want to order 50. I guess they must make a lot of this stuff. Interesting that RC timer were talking about S800 retracts long before DJI.... never seen a CNC machine center at the DJI Factory!!!

Dog eat Dog everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
guys this is actually an interesting find.

in german thread on this the guy comment that all he did was to connect the IMU via can bus to zenmuse, how exactly no clue. Interesting it that no GPS module ( digital kompass is needed ) for all three modes to work.

So zenmuse seens to have a digital compass in it. I am just wondering why the FPV mode than can't hold the nose orientation as good as it does in other modes. But give possibilities to use their gimbals without the whole setup just find a used WKM IMU.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
From Youtube link you gave this is what he said

yes states that but at the same time says the MC is not need thus only using the PMU IMU and Zenmuse should work. PMU has both kinds of can-bus plugs

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606649&page=70#post22797884 check post 1050 and read on.

Bet if you only get a used IMU or crashed whatever give the can-bus V and GND and connect the two data channels between IMU and GCU and that could also be it !"

Boris