Naza for FPV & 10" prop

Jessestr

In 10 days they get released.

By the way.. Tested the gains. Damn! This thing flies great and way too powerful. If I keep my throttle stick a bit above 60% it flies like a beast. Love it. Will do great for AP/AV (in atti ofc) but I want it to fly in manual good too.
And I accepted Traooy's offer officially. :D

Woah, I feel good (na-na-na-na-na)

cpmboy

In 10 days they get released.

By the way.. Tested the gains. Damn! This thing flies great and way too powerful. If I keep my throttle stick a bit above 60% it flies like a beast. Love it. Will do great for AP/AV (in atti ofc) but I want it to fly in manual good too.
And I accepted Traooy's offer officially. :D

Woah, I feel good (na-na-na-na-na)
it that on the f450 or the TBS disco?........

Jessestr

Me?

Well I flew my TBS before but not in FPV. Can't wait tho.
Just ordered my immersionRc UNO5800. Hopefully everything will be ok then.

Working on my ground station right now.

Should I do this or build it in my case ? Found it on the internet. It expands your ranges a lot they say.

dirEz.jpg

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Me?

Well I flew my TBS before but not in FPV. Can't wait tho.
Just ordered my immersionRc UNO5800. Hopefully everything will be ok then.

Working on my ground station right now.

Should I do this or build it in my case ? Found it on the internet. It expands your ranges a lot they say.

In an area like that with a lot of close together structures you would need to do that to get any kind of reasonable range, the flip side is you shouldn't even consider flying FPV, or flying at all in an area that congested with homes, towers, powerlines etc.

If you look closely you'll see two antennas on the RX so it's a diversity with what appears to be a standard rubber ducky and an SPW. A setup like that will work just fine on a tripod next to your ground station outside of urban areas, flying with all that clutter of buildings and trees close by is going to limit range regardless unless you get a couple hundred feet of altitude ASAP and even then there will likely be blind spots. The setup in the picture is nothing more than an attempt to put the RX above the majority of the obstuctions that can either block a signal or cause severe multipathing in an environment where you shouldn't be flying to begin with.

Ken

Jessestr

Yes ofcourse. I only fly at open areas but there are lots of trees everywhere here :(

So that would give me the chance to get better signal with my UNO5800.

Thinking of building my UNO in my groundstation (aluminium case) or put it on a tripod and connect it to my case where the screen is.. What would you do?

Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
yes it would. all your trying to do is make that uno antenna see the quads antenna. if it's higher, the quad can be lower. bushes will affect it less low, etc.

In order to fly either a Naza or WKM in manual mode you need to crank the basic pitch and roll gains up far more than is needed to fly in ATTI mode AND you'll probably need to setup at least one flight mode with a fair amount of expo on aileron and elevator to make it controllable even then. The downside to that is if you do then it will fly like crap in ATTI mode since the gains will be too high and you'll get a lot of oscillation even when hovering.

I'm currently flying a Naza/GPS combo on three different frames, a stock F450, a TBS Discovery, and the QAV500. Depending on the frame and motor combo the basic pitch and roll gains are in the 100 to 150% range and the ATTI gains I have setup to be adjustable on the TX with the range of adjustment from roughly 50% up to a max of 140%. The ideal setup is to have both basic pitch and roll and the ATTI pitch and roll setup to be adjustable from the TX in flight if you have a radio with enough channels to do it, that way you can dial it in for the conditions at the moment without having to hookup to a laptop and guess at what the settings should be. If the weather is fairly consistant where you live you could setup the basic pitch and roll on a TX adjustment and try different settings until you find what works best and then set it to that in the Assistant software, then repeat the process for the ATTI gains although I would recommend keeping the ATTI TX adjustable all the time if you plan to fly in that mode, that's what I do with all of mine.

Ken

Hey Ken, ive got my qav500 feelin pretty good, what are your gains at for manual flight? it sounds as though mine are high, around 125 but it flies well. Just curious.... As far as atti mode goes yea its a chump unless i udjust gains on the fly

Jessestr

Read closely I said RCTiger.

And photo isn't correct! Sorry this is the 750KV edition. The expensive ones from RCTiger will be 900KV and over $200 for a set.

Wow -- Sorry. I guess I mis-read the threads in the earlier posts as RCTiger motors being offered through RCTimer.

Anyway - even if the photo that you posted is not 'correct' - please post a link to the FB page or the 750KV / 900KV motors on their web page. I've searched through their (RCTiger) website but can't find these TBS branded motors.

Thanks,
d.