NAZA ARF Kit - Disconnect ESC/BEC power lead?

WillM

I finally ordered, received, and assembled my first multirotor yesterday, a DJI NAZA Flamewheel ARF kit. I just came in from its frosty maiden voyage. Totally awesome!! This was not only my first multirotor, but also my first flying r/c vehicle of substance (I have been learning heli-flight with a couple of different Blade micro helis (mCX, CX2, and mCPx2) for the past month or so. This was also my first time charging a large LiPo too, so I'm not sure which was more exciting; my maiden multirotor voyage or not burning the house down charging the LiPo battery. :tennis:

Thank you to all of the active and knowledgeable members on this forum. My relatively easy success wouldn't have been possible had I not invested a lot of time doing a lot of reading here.I had to share, but here's the purpose of my post...

I've read so many threads and posts and watched so many videos that I'm a bit confused. Should any of the power (and/or ground) leads on the ESC receiver plugs be disconnected (ie: cut)? The documentation included with the NAZA Flamewheel ARF kit doesn't mention it, but I remember reading many posts about cutting 3 of the 4 power leads as a safety measure (presumably to prevent overheating the receiver?). I have not done this and my rig tested and flys just fine, but I want to be sure I have all of this right.

If this is necessary, does it matter which ones are cut?
If this is necessary, is is possible to release the pin in the connector, as opposed to cutting the wire?
If not, under what circumstance(s) would it be necessary to cut these wires?

Thanks in advance multirotor gurus!

Best,

Will

kloner

Aerial DP
no you don't have to. That is for esc's that have a bec built in and your wanting to run an external one. naza comes with the external so they made there esc's without the bec in em.

Your all set, have fun and keep her shiny side up