My solution to naza that slides to one side in atti and gps mode.

tyor

Got new Graupner propellers to my f450 today. there was the old problem again it will backwards in atti mode and even more in GPS mode. Recalibrate gps but it did not help. connected to pc to re calibrate the sticks. looked at the screen and the slider for E not standing in the middle when I dropped the stick. What I then did was that i pressed the Start calibration. moved all the sticks for finding maximum points. then I released the sticks, and the elevator (E) and aileron (A) was not quite in the middle. went into subtrimm on the radio and tuned to the center line of the program. then hitting Finish.

now it is stble in both Atti and GPS mode.

mmurfitt

Nice, I'm not at this stage yet not having bought my F550 yet, but I'll subscribe to this thread for when I do.
Good job!

tyor

it is 2 years old. its a wfly wft09sII. Never had any trouble with it. I wil try a bit more tomorrow.

on another forum they say it is a bug in the program, and it should not happen if I take out tha battery and try again. I will make a report here later.

kloner

Aerial DP
radios have something called potis inside that tells things where center is. if stuff wiggles in tx cali, thats a dirty pot, usually when something isn't centering, thats something more than dirty, but is potis related. if gps mode was moving, that means naza saw input to that way. if you didn't calibrate it exactly right, it could do that.

if this was mine i'd reset the radio and make a fresh calibration. you don't want subtrim. i went down that road. You want zero everywhere. only thing not should be the gear ch for man, atti, gps and the gain channels subtrims and endpoints to make gains what you want them to range

Make sure to put the throttle to exactly 50% when you hit finish. make your radio show you a monitor screen or a throttle curve page to see 50% throttle. don't judge it off nazas green bar. when you hit finish it centers those green bars. if it doesn't, do it again

tyor

I tried to recalibrate with no subtrim today. 5 of 10 times. the elevator slider in the software was standing a bit left of the center. not more than it was green. but it vas drifting backwards when i try to fly. both atti and gps. When i got it exactly in the center it was not drifting. I dissconect the battery and the pc between every calibration. So it may be a little bug in the software.

kloner

Aerial DP
i've been through three nazas on 2 different radios and never seen a radio cause drifting. i've been getting ready for a fpv palooza over the next four days all week, messing with the same software. never seen it. The truth is alot of these have a drift, that was why they released the gps. the gps only has so good of resolution so it will drift 8-9 feet and if not corrected by then, the radio is telling it to do so, but not normal. i have a feeling the real fix is to have the radio checked if this continues. If it has a lcd window, you might look and see what the monitor page looks like and see if the channel your trimming is in there and flat and center at center. make sure the little trim tabs next to the sticks are all centered. double check theres no fancy throttle curves. the throttle has to have zero or neutral trim. moving that makes it drift. not putting throttle to center before hitting finish in calibration makes it drift.

use the subtrims to do whatever, but know it's not the right way to set it up.

I was fighting my gps, had never set it up to fly straight so was working with that yesterday when i noticed my gps in a gigantic fishbowl. After i got the gps twisted to make it fly perfectly straight, had to recalibrate the gps again and bam, was holding tighter than i ever remember before. I think it's because now the gps knows exact north, south, etc. it is twisted 15-20 degrees.

mine came out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2WT2048ZY

Last edited by a moderator:

tyor

It seems to woork ok now. i looked att the monitor on the radio and itt was perfect there every time ;)