My next quady on its way!

Aztech

Hi all
I thought i would share my next project now that all the parts are on their way! I wanted a frame that looked like the TBS fpv frame then i found this while i was looking through eBay
View attachment 7597
I have the following parts on order and hope that ive done a good job at selecting them
DJI Nazza with GPS upgrade as a kit
4x NTM 28-26 brushless motors with mount kits and prop drives
4x Mystery 30A esc i wanted something i could firmware upgrade and these made logical choice to me
1.2GHZ av tx/rx 500mw and ccd camera
2200mah Turnigy nanotech batteries

I did also order a bunch of hardware i.e. silicone wire, bullet connectors and mesh wire cover, now im just waiting for my parts to arrive and get building! ill try and keep this thread updated as i go

Attachments

• sku_89017_2.jpg
    sku_89017_2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 239

Aztech

There are 2 main reasons i chose the cheap china copy, at the moment my skills suck i mean i can get off the ground, hover and basic fly but cant get a flight for more than 30 seconds before i mess up and my quad comes to the ground with the grace of a house brick. my current quad i scratch built to be tough (16x16x3mm alloy with 2mm centre plates) ive seen it crash to earth at a fair speed with little more than smashed props to show for it. until i know how to fly id rather have a china knock off than see a tbs frame smashed to bits. The second is because i plan to measure the angels of the booms and their spacing so i can build my own customised frames, i have a few crazy ideas ;) My dream would be to buy a 3040 cnc and build my own multi rotors from scratch.

Jessestr

Explains a lot :)

Never really found it difficult to stay in the air. If you have to option for auto level in the beginning it's really easy to learn..
The only crashes I had was when I tried to do flips.. but that didn't work out well :D

Jesse

Aztech

I know what you mean about the auto stability and can now see how important to the beginner it is, im not in it for stunts and tricks more to lern to fly like a bird in fpv ;) i went down to an open field for a change tonight, something larger than the park ive been trying to fly in and it seems that was my problem not having the room to correct the mistakes i make, i have to say that final seeing it fly for almost a full charge without imitating a brick was awesome! i only wish i had a camera on it...in 2 weeks i hope to

Aztech

View attachment 8013View attachment 8014

Ok update time
So come last friday i had a bench full of parts and began to build the quadcopter. It took me much longer than i thought but finally i got it together and configured, all up maybe 8-9hrs. First thing i have to say is the Naza & GPS is a god to a novice like myself, i went from " i can sort of keep it in the air" before tragedy to omg this is so much fun! the position hold is good dont expect it to stay on a dime but drift of about 30cm in all axis seems normal. I did however also get my fpv and gear for my ground station but some how burnt out my rembizi osd and camera in one foul swoop :( it was running so hot it was almost too hot to touch when it was going so maybe it was defective whatever the case i bought an ImmersionRC EZOsd and got it for 150aud so with some luck its hear before the weekend. I got out with it today to a local field just for some fun and mounted my go pro to the front as in the pic, jello city but am waiting on a 2 axis gimbal for the go pro. I think after the few flights ive had i can say multi rotors will take up some part of my life from hear on in.....and i just bought a 3040cnc to build my own frames and other rc gear ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 281

kloner

Aerial DP
on the video burn out part, you never want to just hang out with a vtx on... if it's on, get it in the air. if your setting it up, do what your doing then shut it off. never run it without an antenna. a good antenna will make that thing run cooler if it has a better swr than whats on it now.

the way you have the cam it's no surprise you got jello. you either need to nestle the cam in foam on the tray where the camera goes or get a piece of something like zeal tape to hang what you got there from...... it wouldn't support a gimble though. fact, you won't have a whole lot of power after adding one so that may be your next thing that causes more problems than it's worth. the motors will go through different frequencies of vibrations usually the more weight, the more they make jello and sooner they burn up

Aztech

yea the tx was hot too but the rembizi was cooking! swr wouldnt effect the osd thats all take care of by the tx. as for the gopro i wasnt expecting awesome quality just more a bit of fun, the gimbal i orders is this :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281022952076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
looks simple and light not one of thoes full on deals you see with a dslr hanging from it. As for power, the Naza, esc's and motors can all handle 4s lipos so if power becomes and issue im sure i can work something out.